All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zocko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the tyres catching the body or the springs?

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 17:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

they rub on the inner pannel under the bulk head on the front when its in full lock but you can cure this by fitting wheel spacers on you dont have to do a body lift like i am doing i just want to do the lift cos it will look abit better and cure the rubbing and there is more clearance for the wheel and tire to move about with out catching on any thing ... and when i say it rubs its not that bad really . my friend even cured his rubbing by cutting the edges of his tread off on his front tires so it didnt catch on out .. hope this helps with out you needed to no  Very Happy
b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbWAXdXNZg

here is me getting rather stuck in some water in the vitara  Laughing also have to mention that the disco had a go after me and dint even get half the way and then i had to drag him out which took some doing  Cool
b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

right i have finally gone and done it the body is now off the vitara and ready for its lift i just dont no how high to take it was thinking 3 inch or 6 inch any help on this would be taking in kind cheers pictures will be uploaded as soon as its done hope fully tomoro  Very Happy  also has any 1 ever had a problem with the cat failing and not letting you rev the engine up cos i think its just happened to mine ?? it wil rev if you rev it quickly but as soon as you hold the revs the engine dies  Sad
deathbus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuki's comin on a treat buddy  Very Happy

id go for 3" body lift, but go as high as you like  Very Happy , might run into gear change problems if you go too high tho

yep, the honeycomb can collapse and do that, id take it off and give the ewngine a rev, easy diagnostic  Wink
b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate its getting there think am going to run it now with no back bumper cos i think it looks cool  Laughing i have gone 3 inch on the body lift its back on its wheels just waiting on getting the steering rack put back on ... i have cut the cat out and it has cured the problem which is a bonus only problem i have now is its quite loud haha need to put a peace back in it . then make a front bumper up of 3inch tube and the snorkel on and its finished  Very Happy as soon as its out i will get the pictures up
b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee457/bambam1006/jackedup1.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee457/bambam1006/8icnhclearance.jpg

she now has 8 inch of clearance which is loads better and makes it now look like an off road ready vehicle . just put lights and grill back on it and then its time to play  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: