Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2001 GV - Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MITCHF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 21:57    Post subject: 2001 GV - Tyres Reply with quote

Hi, picked up some very cheap BFG A/T's, 225/75/16.
Too cheap to ignore, gonna put them onto my 2001 GV LWB, any issues I should be aware of Question
I've used Tyre size comparison so I know I'm over 3% from standard and that my speedo will be slow.
I have 1.5" lift.
Would I need spacers ? , I'm running standard Szk steels 16x7.

Any advice or experience appreciated.

Thanks Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 21:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MITCHF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 13:53    Post subject: GV Tyres Reply with quote

Another member on another thread stated that "some people come on here and ask one question, expecting to be spoon fed the answer, then disappear"
I get that newbies can sometimes frustrate "experienced" members and owners, but sometimes new people need sound advice and they will ask perceived stupid questions. But until they're knowledgable people should help, surely that's one of the benefits of an owners forum.

Maybe the reason they never post again is 'cause they get no response, I guess.

PS. The tyres fitted my 01 GV well, no clearance issues, limited on road noise and great off road. I fitted 32mm spacers which have given it more presence and the handling feels more planted.

Cheers Very Happy
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies for your bad experience but too many people post their questions without introducing themselves first or expect an immediate answer.

also, many of the questions have been asked already but it gives the impression that the newbie "cant be bothered to look" which becomes very irritating after a while.

all in all, if people are a litlle more friendly when they join up and try to fit in a little better, people will then be more forthcoming with information they might or might not have.

please remember though that no answer can also mean people dont know....

other than my little whnge, glad you got your tyres sorted out and hope to see more of you around the forums in future

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: