4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Reversing problems in 4wd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owen_999

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 15:03    Post subject: Reversing problems in 4wd Reply with quote

Hi there. I own a 98 vitara lx with fatboy wheels.
I was trying my 4x4 ability to check it was all up and run ing for the winter snow if it comes and for any future mud involved events when I noticed a little bit ofwon ing from the front dif. This isn't excessive and doesnt really kick in until about 15mph. But thats not my major concern. My main problem is if I start reversing when in 4wd the car locks up and cannot reverse until I come out of 4wd. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's just had new wheel bearings fitted to thefront and the free wheelinghubs seem to be warm after use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 15:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it back to whoever fitted the bearings and get them to check their work.

and dont use 4wd on the road unless its icy

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
owen_999

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for tha fast reply. I fitted the bearings myself and have checked them since with no problems. The 4wd was only to check it worked properly before the worst of the weather kicked in as it's currently trying to snow lightly. I've been advised to check the half shafts and front did too, could this do it?
Thank you
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

were you checking it on tarmac?

owen_999

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

yh it was a tarmac trial. have found out that it wont work particularly well unless its slippery or loose ground as doesnt have a central diff between front and rear wheels. have also inspected bearings again and found that one of my locking hubs has disintegrated around the shaft which confuses me but will replace that soon Smile

cheers for the help Smile
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace the hub then try again but for gods sake, make sure youre NOT on tarmac when you do it....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: