2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New member from Bucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 20:36    Post subject: New member from Bucks Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just signed up and doing some pre-purchase research.

Looking to pick up a cheap Vitara for off-road fun and snow days! Seen a few, mainly 1.6 petrol, for less than £1k which is what I'm looking at as it will just be a hobby car; only issue at the moment is insurance quotes online are ridiculous as I cannot use the 6 years no claims I have due to it being a second car.

- What do I need to know about the Vitara before I buy one? Any key areas to check when viewing one?

- Any pitfalls with the 1.6 16v JLX SE I'm looking at?

- Advice for the first thing to do when I get one?

- Ideas to bring down insurance cost on second car?

Thanks!   Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 20:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

things to look at....

check rear floorpan for rust especially in the well behind the front seats.
make sure you take it for a test drive and check the 4wd off road or on a loose surface.
ask about fuel economy, if they say over 25 mpg walk away, theyre lying lol

as for insurance, try 2gether insureance (they sometimes come up as the advertisers at the top of the page) and make sure you go for limited mileage, maybe 2-3k per year. it will bring the price down significantly.

and welcome aboard

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Tim84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the advice - I'm going to ring around insurers today as I'm with Flux on my main vehicle so I am hoping they will do me some kind of multi-car deal!
zocko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

multi car policies are often about the same price as 2 seperate policies so good luck and let us know how you got on

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Tim84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a quote today at £232, cheapest so far, from a company called cherished vehicle insurance - not a bad price to be fair, not as cheap as the £105 my mate pays for his SJ insurance though!

I don't have secure parking, just a residential carpark, plus one (no fault) claim and 2 x speeding convictions (only 3 current points) so I guess I'm seen as a bit of a risk!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: