4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1.3 8v to 1.3 16v swap?? (budget)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmfj88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:39    Post subject: 1.3 8v to 1.3 16v swap?? (budget) Reply with quote

I have a 86 samurai with the 8v thats realy weak to say the least but i have a 91 swift racecar with a 1.3 16v racing motor i know the water neck is on the back of the head on the 16v but is there a way to do a swap with the two so i can actually run more than 55 mph?  Any help would be great thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nejtun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar query to this , I have one normal Sammy and one with a swift 16v 1.3 already in it , the person that did the conversion cut a big ugly hole in the bulkhead to get the water pipes in and strapped the heater to the gearbox tunnel! , it works , but there must be a neater way

I know rhinorays had a pipe conversion  kit at one time , but  he is out of stock and said he would be unlikely to be getting any more.

If anyone knows where to get such a kit that would be awesome. as the rest of the job looks pretty straight forward ( i must admit though , someone has already done the loom which looked t he most tricky part Razz)
tmfj88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so there is a kit for the water neck have you drove or ran with the 8v and is there a noticable difference? And i ment to ask in the original post my t case whines at speeds of high 2nd gear up only when your on the gas if you let off the gas it stops whining what could be causing that?
Nejtun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmfj88 wrote:
Ok so there is a kit for the water neck have you drove or ran with the 8v and is there a noticable difference? And i ment to ask in the original post my t case whines at speeds of high 2nd gear up only when your on the gas if you let off the gas it stops whining what could be causing that?

cant help you with the whine thing , im just not that clever , but as for the difference between the 2 engines i can help you there , i can drive both back to back and the performance difference is worlds apart , the normal 1.3 is slow and does 60 ish on the motorway as long as its not uphill , the 16v is a monster that i got up to 80 before i felt the sammy would just shake to bits ( it would have gone faster easily ) and it doesnt car if its uphill , no performance loss
dont forget the 1.3 16v is 100hp standard compared to the 55/60 hp of the 8v
tmfj88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot for the info on the motor i think ill look into the water neck kit or possibly modding mine. And if anybody can help with the t case issue it would be great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: