All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New Owner Vitara 1.6 JLX 1993

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WESTINI

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 19:00    Post subject: New Owner Vitara 1.6 JLX 1993 Reply with quote

Hi All, very new to Suzuki ownership, literally picked up my Suzuki Vitara 1.6 JLX yesterday, its a 1993 K reg, with 113'000 miles, 3dr in Black, with wideboy alloys, sidesteps, good condition inside and out, and cost me 1k, not a bad price I feel... saw some cheaper, but wanted a black one, with soft-top for the summer, and 4X4 for the winter, so it as an ideal find for me.
I am based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire and would be glad to attend any meets that you guys and gals have, or any fixes if you do such a thing (Im in another car club and we do this all the time).
I do have a technical question, but dont know where would be the best place to ask it.... so I will ask it here, and see if anyone can advise:

The Vitara I have (model) is renound for having a power steering leak, from the pump (left hand side if facing vehicle), mine does have a leak, but not too bad, can see its been leaking for a while, with the wetness on the cross member.... my question is, how easy is this to fix, where can I get a good part from, will a pump from ANY model of Vitara fit it, or do I just have to look around.

I look forward to speaking with you all in the coming weeks / months - as I dont intend on getting rid anytime soon, I love my new ride.

Thanks,

Paul.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 19:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dely

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wecome to the club Very Happy  Very Happy we bought ours for the same reasons a 1991 jlx been great with the roof off find out about the snow soon not to soon I hope.Can't help about power steering as ours hasn't got it  Embarassed but thinking about fitting it Idea
WESTINI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dely, thanks for the reply. The way I see it, if the power steering fails, then so beit, they arent exactly heavy cars with those big wheels on... can find a replacement pump on eBay for like £50.00 so will worry about it if it gets any worse... just ordered some new tyres from blackcircles, Kumhos for £62.00 each.
Im just wanting the snow now.... but instead it seems we are in for an Indian Summer... lol, roof down time...
dely

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the best thing summer roof off winter 4 wheel drive can't be bad Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
WESTINI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt seem to be very busy on this forum, lots of good advice, but lots of quietness... do you know of any other Vitara Owners Clubs that I can join in addition to this one?

Looking to get into this 4x4 lark, attempt to do some off roading and learn a lot about the vehicle.
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for not being so active..... what would u like to know Very Happy
WESTINI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, tell me everything... ok, just about the PS Pump... is it an easy fix? few bolts etc.. also... what tyres do you guys run in the winter..? I just ordered a set of Kumho AT Tyres.. need them for road and off road, had good reviews..
me and the wife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

the leak is an easy fix i will try and get some pics up when i get a spare moment, i just run mt tyres all the time  Very Happy
WESTINI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id appreciate that. Another question... let say I want to service the Vit myself... what parts would I need for a pre winter prep... do you guys change the gearbox fluid, anything for the diff? etc etc...
WESTINI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a tab on this forum that allows you to just view new posts, that way all new questions from people and posts with recent activity get seen  - there appear to be a lot of posts with no replies whatsoever - which doesnt look good from a forum perspective.... just my thoughts... admin?
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try "view posts since your last visit" after you log on  Very Happy
also......... welcome to the forum Smile
WESTINI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody ell, so it does... never saw that.. used to looking at a different style forum..  Wink

Does anyone know about my radiator question in the tech forum?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: