2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Just got one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myvitara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49    Post subject: Just got one Reply with quote

Hi, I've joined this forum in the hope of getting some info on my recently aquired 2008 1.6 Grand vitara 3 door. I have previously owned a land rover discovery 300tdi, I had it for 10 years from new, and did some fairly serious greenlaning with it, however I exchanged it for a new Mazda MX5 five years ago (from one extreme to the other  Very Happy ) Anyway due to back problems and recently taking up a new hobby of shooting, and the MX5 was awful in the snow of the last two winters, I decided I needed another 4x4, land rovers were too expensive, and I always liked the styling of the Vitaras so here I am.
I do not need the extreme capability of the land rover as most of my 'off road' use will be mainly dirt tracks across farmers fields, plus the need to be mobile throughout winter. My vitara is equpped with Bridgestone Dueller 687 m+s tyres I've no idea how good they will perform in wintery conditions or muddy fields and farm tracks. The owners manual is vague about the 4x4 system fitted to my vehicle, there is no centre diff lock, I believe the car is in permanent four wheel drive with some sort of imited slip centre differential.
I hope this car will be up to the job, can anyone reccommend some decent tyres? I was considering fitting Toyo A/T or Yokohama Geolander A/T, but I'm unable to find info regarding performance of these tyres on road and off.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

SnapDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and welcome
have a good look around here mate when it comes to tyres theres a secton for them
i never had a problem with mud and snow with a vitara with h/t tyres on  Laughing
the main problem i had with a standed one is there abit low for the farm lanes that have been well used but from what ive read on here you can go up 2 inchs with abit of money and work
cheers
Tim
Vitnut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi myvitara from a fellow newbie and welcome
Vitnut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi myvitara from a fellow newbie and welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: