All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

sj410 timing issue HELP!!! URGENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki LJ / SJ Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbs100

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 22:32    Post subject: sj410 timing issue HELP!!! URGENT Reply with quote

hi people iam new to this forum so any help would be great.

i bought a sj410v van from someone who used it as a submarine, there was rust and muck everywhere so i set to clean it up and stip the engine down.

i removed all the pulleys /cam belt/ distributor/plugs etc

right the problem i have is i TDC the bottom timing mark and made sure piston 1 was at the top.
i then went on to time the cam pulley to the punch mark on the pulley and i thought that was it. i set the rotor arm at spark plug 1 on the distributor and replaced the cap. i got a mate to check it over who was a deisel fitter for stormonts (Ford) for many years and he said that even though both TDC where at the timing marks the cam was 180 degrees out, he went on to say that the inlet and exhaust on piston 1 was both open.
he rotated the cam pulley 180 degrees so both valves were shut and then he rattled both rocker to shoew me this is where is should be, he couldnt explain why the TDC on the cam pulley was out by 180 degrees unless it was setup to fire at spark plug 4???

does anyone have any idea whats going on with this engine and timing, its a F10A
cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get this sorted out yet?

if not, i had the same problem when i rebuilt the 413 engine. i found that what i thought was no1 point on the dizzy was 180 deg out. as soon as i movedf the leads 180 degrees, it started first turn of the key.

after that it was just a matter of adjusting the dizzy position in relation to the camshaft so it was all set up right.

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
deathbus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you timed it to number 4 piston instead of number 1 (opposite end of the block)

bottom end does 2 rorations for every 1 the cam does. that would explain the 180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki LJ / SJ Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: