4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

PONY Intro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONY

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:31    Post subject: PONY Intro. Reply with quote

Hi all. I've had my 1986 Samurai (UKI) for about four years now. It was given to me in not running condition by another snowbird w/tow bar and a front seat full of parts. It seems he had some tweekers tune it up and replace the timing belt. It was making a lot of noise and would hardly run. He took to a shop and they told hin the engine was shot and it would take 3k to fix it. So I asked him to let me look at it and see if that was so. Had it at my campsite for a day when he showed up with the title and tow bar and gave it to me. Both pullies were falling off ( the top one had cut a slot in the metal timing cover back plate) (bottom one was coming out of the timing belt cover) The new spark plugs were in the glove compartment, the new plug wires were under the passingers seat, four valve adjusters were loosend and backed off. The top belt pulley had a slot where the index hole used to be, so mickey moused a bushing into the middle of the slot, put it all back togather, and it's run like a top ever since. I've had to fix some other things over the years but I still love the UKI. I'm 65 now and made my living as a mechanic mostly as an Aircraft Mechanic, second as a Harley mechanic and lastly as a auto mechanic. I'm retired and am a volunteer Mechanic for the Seattle Museum of Flight. I work restoring Aircraft for the museum. In the past I've built custom bikes and cars and worked on race cars ( a 30+ year NHRA member) and rode Harleys for 37 years and BMW's for a few more years. I'm retired now and travel, prospect for Gold, Fish, Drink and generaly have a good time. The UKI been in swamps, the desert and snow up to it's eye balls and keeps coming back for more..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: