All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bull Bars

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarvishere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49    Post subject: I'm after a bar too ..... Reply with quote

..... Does anybody know if there's a difference between different ages of Vitara?
For example - mines a 99 (V-plate) Vitara 4u2 and there seem to be a lot off 94 Vit's- will they fit?
Or if anyone knows the whereabouts of a  stainless tubular A-bar type, please let me know.
Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jcmaloney

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was as easy as an easy thing to fit them. Apologies for the delay but thats life getting in the way for ya!!
Job 1....lower & upper mounting brackets were slightly off-brown so they needed a rub down to remove the surface crust and then slapped some Hammerite on. Several layers required. Leave to dry for a couple of weeks/months as appropiate!

Job 2 ..... Remove & replace spots as they were shot. Got replacement set from a car shop in Poole for £26.

Job 3...... Offer up BB`s to lower mounting bracket. Discover that somehow they had got a little bent. Adjust with BFH. Go back to Job 1 to repair Hammerite due to excessive BFH.

Job 4..... Remember BBs are in garage whilst trying to get lawnmower out to cut grass.

Job 5 .... Offer up BB`s to bracket slot bolt through bracket & BB`s apply washers & nuts.

Job 6 .... Attach support brackets for BB`s. Discover podgy pinkies aren`t good for this. Get manually dextorous wifey to twiddle washers and nuts.

Job 7 .... Tighten all nuts.

Job 8 .... Wire in spots to original wiring & ensure watertight (lots of sparkys tape).

Job 9.... Test. Begorrah it works!!

Job 10 .... take snaps (later!! I promise!!)  Very Happy

First bit of modding..just need to learn to weld now  Twisted Evil
monstermatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

golgarth wrote:
They are now hard to insure as the claims arrising from crashes where cars have bull bars fitted are higher than without apparently. That and the fact pedestrians suffer more (tell them not to walk on roads then!)
Cut the ends off and make them into a set of nudge bars Wink

sorry to sound daft but i'm new to this does that mean that nudge bars are acceptable but bull bars are not ?
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcmaloney wrote:
Get manually dextorous wifey to twiddle washers and nuts.

ooo er  Confused

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Bella

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

monstermatt wrote:
golgarth wrote:
They are now hard to insure as the claims arrising from crashes where cars have bull bars fitted are higher than without apparently. That and the fact pedestrians suffer more (tell them not to walk on roads then!)
Cut the ends off and make them into a set of nudge bars Wink

sorry to sound daft but i'm new to this does that mean that nudge bars are acceptable but bull bars are not ?

Hi I have put a low nudge bar on my grand vitara 2010 and my insurance didnt have a problem with it so long as it was below the bonet high as it doesnt couse a problem like the large bull bars.
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bank on there NOT being a legal definition of bullbar or nudgebar.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead there is EU legislation........

"Frontal Protection System is the name given to any seperate structure or structures fixed to the front of a vehicle above or below the original bumper intended to protect the outer surface of the vehicle from damage in the event of a collision. For a full definition please see paragraph 1.7 of the 2005/66/EC directive. This includes any A frame, nudge bar, bull bar, styling element or extra bumper cover with a mass of more than 0.5 Kg.

Since the introduction of the EC directive (2005/66/EC), it has been illegal in any EU member state to sell or distribute a Frontal Protection System or FPS, without first obtaining a type approval for the vehicle for which it is intended to fit. An example of the certificate issued for a type approved FPS can be seen Here. In any EU country, if the FPS you wish to purchase or fit to your vehicle has an EU certificate and the part has the "e" number stamped or indelibly printed on it, it is perfectly legal. If it does not, then it is illegal to be sold.

The control of this is different in each EU country.

Source....... http://www.frontalprotectionsystems.eu/frontal-protection-systems/200566ECinUKEnglandWalesIrelandScotland.php

I will get picks of mine afore they go rusty...I will !! lol  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: