4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Broke my windscreen :-(

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Bodywork & trim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzi-uki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

popuptoaster wrote:
suzi-uki wrote:
Daarke wrote:
I say Congrats on the screen -   i personally will only ever get genuine siki parts , saves all the hassle.

Btw   I'm not a female Wink

problem was my insurance company wouldnt buy original cos of age of my uki. but when this one leaks they will have to wont they?? lol

i think there should be a little man or woman next to peoples usernames,then there would be no doubt who was what. Wink

On a lot of car forums the girls like to hide their sex, you get a lot of cavemen on some forums, possibly this forum is a bit easier on ladies what with the Vitaras being a favourite of so many women, I got ribbed by my mates when i first got mine and told it was a girls car, not that i care what other people think really, im a big lad. Very Happy

its certainly with caution that i posted first. as woman you are aware that these forums on cars are very much male domains.  as for the vitara being girlie  i think its just a fun little 4x4 that anyone can enjoy. and i know once i can upload some pics of my uki,then i will be hoping for some feed back from you guys, i live in shetland,passed my test in august, my first brum was a micra,then when i passed my test i got a toyota starlet, my first experience of driving on my own on the mainland was when i bought uki, she was in hull, so it was a 12hr ferry crossing,then 6hrs on a train, then the journey back on my own, between hull and harogate there was all these roundabouts with 3 lanes,which we dont have here, i had a couple of "omg i cant do this" moments but made it back to aberdeen safely and quite chuffed with myself.lol    uki is mechanically fine,but shes been badly brush painted black (which has more ruts in it than a ploughed field)  however who ever did it is forgiven as under the black someone did an even worse job of painting her in action man colours, so at some point i need to try and tidy her up and personalise her, so will probably need to pick brains for ideas and ways of doing it on a very tight budget (if thats possible!)   im actually quite smitten and even getting curious about trying some off roading with her.lol
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Daarke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vit owners can look after themselves i find - male or female   Wink

It's a mind set more than anything.   If we wanted to show off we would all have Range Rovers , but we all know they are c**p.

Thats why this forum is so friendly - , we don't have to pretend anything , just show our fondness for the best little 4x4 ever made !

Wink  Wink

Btw ,   any questions you post will be answered with the utmost sincerity imho.

And good to have you aboard!

Smile
suzi-uki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daarke wrote:
Vit owners can look after themselves i find - male or female   Wink

It's a mind set more than anything.   If we wanted to show off we would all have Range Rovers , but we all know they are c**p.

Thats why this forum is so friendly - , we don't have to pretend anything , just show our fondness for the best little 4x4 ever made !

Wink  Wink

Btw ,   any questions you post will be answered with the utmost sincerity imho.

And good to have you aboard!

Smile

Thankyou very much,  thats very much appreciated.  think im going to like this site, good advice and a giggle along the way, that cant be bad! Very Happy
Daarke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome  Wink
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

This load of links should help with improving the looks, its the best way i know of getting a decent result if you have time but no money, although it does require effort with all the rubbing down, you can get a really nice paint job done for a hundred quid or so all in if you really want to.

Put "rustoleum paint job" into google and watch some videos and read some instructables.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

popuptoaster wrote:
This load of links should help with improving the looks, its the best way i know of getting a decent result if you have time but no money, although it does require effort with all the rubbing down, you can get a really nice paint job done for a hundred quid or so all in if you really want to.

Put "rustoleum paint job" into google and watch some videos and read some instructables.

cheerz. will have a look, tho have a couple bits on the arches that need sorting first, but will sort photos and then pick brains as i go along. thanks again.
suzi-uki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad   guess what..... where as all i had before was a cracked but dry windscreen,  two days after fitting the wrong windscreen, i have a leak..... not a happy bunny, ive now got to wait for them to sort out the right screen...and i dont care if this new leaky one is alot cleaner than my old one!!! bugga,bugga, bludi bugga.. Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad   i shouldve stuck to guns and refused the lesser screen!
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask them for a replacement car in the meantime

if its not up to spec, its not road legal

point out that the leak is indicative of sub quality parts and therefore outside of the original spec.

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
suzi-uki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

he did say that when (not if.lol)  it started leaking,he would speak with autoglass and insist on a suzuki screen. and i wouldnt after bother contacting my insurance company again, so fingers crossed i will have it next week. in the mean time fingers crossed it doesnt rain too much. Crying or Very sad
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its that most folks on here have nothing to prove-
we let the car do the talking (so to speak) Very Happy
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ours MUST be female then, it does nothing but chatter and groan lol

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Bodywork & trim All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: