4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Looking for a Zook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanDrury

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Looking for a Zook. Reply with quote

Hello,

Right, Im 17, learning to drive at the mo.

Im looking for a Vitara or an SJ413. I've got between £500 and £1000 tops.

Im looking for one that does need too much attention. I dont mind doing a little bit of work but nothing najor mechanically.

Tax and MOT arent an issue if they are towards the lower end of the scale. But for anything £650 upwards i'd like at least one of the two.

If there are any on ebay that i have missed, or any other trading site can anyone just post em up here or email them to me at: dan_drury@hotmail.co.uk

Or if anyone wants to sell theirs for the above price i will be happy too have a look. Smile

thanks in advance Smile

Dan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

popuptoaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant help with a car, but if you want my advice, spend some money learning to weld at evening classes and on buying a welder and a reactive mask, you can go through life buying cheap MOT failiures and run some really nice cars after a bit of patching.

My Vit was 100 quid, it cost another 100 to get it MOT ready becuase it needed a few bits, rear light lens, hood and two tyres were duff, plus the battery tray was rotten and there was a little corrosion in a couple of places on the chassis.

Half a day with the welder tenners worth of steel, new pair of rear lights, handbrake adjustment and its now MOT'd.

Bought it a second hand hood, fitted MT tyres and shes ready to roll.

Even with say 200 quid for a welder and 200 quid for evening classes it would stil have been within your budget but you'd still have the welder and the skills to do it again next time. Smile

before.

after.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. Is welding particularly difficult to learn? And also do you have to have a steady hand and keen eye as i dont have either. :/
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not difficult with modern mig welders, once you learn to lay a decent bead of weld it will become easy, you just need to learn what settings on the welder to use for different thicknesses of steel really.

I taught myself by practising on scrap steel with an old cheap welder but it would have been quicker to be taught, its just a thought, going to one class wont hurt, nothing makes you feel prouder than getting a repaired car through an MOT, and you can make some beer money welding other peoples cars or garden gates or whatever too.

Most of the cost of getting cars fixed is the labour charges so if you can do that bit yourself you save a lot of money over a lifetime of motoring.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats given me some food for thought. I might leave it till a bit later on, but i will definatley look into it. As i cannot find any welding classes in Stevenage so i would have to drive to them, thus needing a car in the first place. I dont mind having to spend out on the car a bit, but i need somewhere to start. Hence the reason for this post.
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top stuff, i wish i'd learnt when i was very young, i passed up on some brilliant cars because they needed welding, it was about 15 years ago i was looking back over the cars i had been offered and turned down that made me learn to weld.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for all your help. In the mean time if you hear of any Vits, Sammi's or SJ's just drop me and email at: dan_drury@hotmail.co.uk. Smile

Cheers, mate.

Apprieciate it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: