2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Thinking About a Vit as my first car.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanDrury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59    Post subject: Thinking About a Vit as my first car. Reply with quote

Okay, so here goes, my first post.

Came across a Vit on auto trader. Its a 1.6 2 door soft top. And i have my heart set on one as my first car. Im not going to mod it too much, but i wondered what the insurance will be like and if any one has any suggestion on who i should go with. Seeing as the Vit will only be worth about £500-£600, i was hoping it wouldnt be too much.

Thanks in advance Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bakerballs2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on your age really buddy ?    im 22 yrs old no no claims    and for a vitara softy i was looking in the region of £1000 to £1400

but i have been driving for 2 years
that was with 2 yrs named driver discount     (  ADRIAN FLUX )

SO I SCRAPPED THE VIT idea AND GOT A SJ 410  Smile
DanDrury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

im 17. Wanna get into the Vit club asap. Smile Are Flux really that good for young drivers? I think on my own policy i was looking about 3K fully comp :/
bakerballs2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanDrury wrote:
im 17. Wanna get into the Vit club asap. Smile Are Flux really that good for young drivers? I think on my own policy i was looking about 3K fully comp :/

Im not sure as your only 17 but on my sj410  i pay £500   no no claims insured third party to drive other cars my modifications are declared

other companies were quoting me £1000 plus
best company i have found so far best thing to do is ring them see what they can do for you
DanDrury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, not sure what mods to do for a vit or 410. Any ideas, i dont wanna spend too much but i dont want anything too slow or shabby looking Smile
bakerballs2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanDrury wrote:
Cheers, not sure what mods to do for a vit or 410. Any ideas, i dont wanna spend too much but i dont want anything too slow or shabby looking Smile

depending what you want to use it for  i use mine for offroading not as a daily runner so its very uncomfortable for road use
i have a suspension lift 3" kits
snorkel
and a nice set of offroad tyres on modular rims
bodyworks not an issue for me as it gets new scratches every time i use it lol
maybe a rollcage which im fitting soon

nice spotlights etc
just do some research on the site and difflock.com  they will give you all the info you need
DanDrury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill be using it for both on and a little off road. So im thinking maybe snorkel, 2" lift and a winch (mainly for the looks). and obviously things like lights and that.

Another quick question, what is the boot space like in the Vit with the back seats in, as i love my music and would like a couple of subs? Smile
bakerballs2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you would be able to fit a sub but  you will have to make a slimline box for them
DanDrury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, okay. Well i was only looking at two 10" or two 12" Smile
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough i was contemplating putting all my ICE into my Vitara today, looks like theres just about room for all my gear, but my sub box is to big for the back with the seat, its a ported box with a 15" in it and its to deep, wont fit between the rear seats and the back door. You could probably find one to fit if you looked around or make one the right size, be aware though a soft top Vitara is gonna be really easy to nick things out of, also the battery and alternator are really small on a Vitara so it wont run a big system without some extra juice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not really looking for a massively battery hungry system, but im toying with the idea of a second alternator and battery. just incase Smile
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much room under the bonnet on a Vit either, not saying it couldn't be done though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice, keep it simple, get the vehicle based on your budget and insurance first and worry about a sound system later. You don't need a bass box for a quality/loud system but I know from my youth you'll want one anyways, louder the better. Security is important if your fitting a bass sound system so consider a Vitara/SJ tin-top, the system would be more secure and the bass would sound more amplified as you wouldn't be playing in the air as you would if you had a softy. Couple of decent 6x9's and an amp/crossover and some decent mids up front should be enough to start with and keep you entertained til you build a decent fitted sub box for the boot.
Any intentions of water-born offroading would deffo need to be considered when siting these speakers, they won't play very well when they're sat in thick mud or 2 foot of water!  Laughing

Hope this helps! Very Happy
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tallbike wrote:

Any intentions of water-born offroading would deffo need to be considered when siting these speakers, they won't play very well when they're sat in thick mud or 2 foot of water!  Laughing

Hope this helps! Very Happy

This is why i'm still in two minds about fitting my gear, you can get water proof speakers for marine use in power boats, its the amps thats the issue, only place i can think to fit my big one is under the passenger seat which wouldnt be good for wading.

I pulled the panel off next to the rear seat and theres almost enough room for my speakers to sit in there with a custom panel. Removable sub box is the way to go in a soft top, i can take it out and leave it in the garage if im gonna be parked up anywhere, the rest of it wont be visible anyway.

Just gotta decide if i want to go wading or not.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, im think head unit first, doorspeakers second, then some 6x9s. And a sub later. The sub box im getting fitted anyway. any recommendations on what to fit to a Vit (door speakers and 6x9s)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: