2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anywhere selling Jimny panels ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Bodywork & trim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimnySam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Anywhere selling Jimny panels ? Reply with quote

Just wondered if anyone could advise me the best place to get reasonbly priced Jimny bodywork. My Jimny was crahed into by an idiot last week and the insurance company are saying there is £3000 worth to damage to the car (nothing serious, all cosmetic) so it's unlikely they will payout for it and will want to write it off. If this is the case i'm planning to buy it off them and repair it myself. I'll definatly need a new front wing & rear bumper but possibly also a driver door & back wheel arch so where is the best place to look?? I've checked ebay & there is a few on there but not one has answered my emails!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it wasnt your fault, you can refuse the write-off on the grounds that it isnt your liability....

dont push your luck with brokers though, they can get a bit pithy if they think theyre gonna get shafted

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
JimnySam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if you could do that or not. I should be hearing from them today so i'll definatly push for them to fix it.
All they hear is 11yrs old & £3000 worth of damage, not concideration for the fact it's in excellent condition & well looked after  Sad
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, push for a quote from a garage of your choice

JimnySam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I've spoken to them today & they flatout refuse to repair it & are writing it off as a cat c  Crying or Very sad they have however offered me £2500 for it & said i can buy it back for 30% of that. I've estimated it'll cost about £1000 to repair if i can get 2nd hand parts, so i'm gonna take the money & hopefully should have some left over to do some mods  Smile
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

offer them 15% and see what they say.

always worth a bash

JimnySam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it back today, not getting my money yet but means i can spend some of my savings and be back on the road before they take my hire car back.
My mechanic came to look it over & actually laughed, he said he could re-MOt it now & it'll pass so hopefully he's gonna do that on friday while i'm waiting for parts to arrive, then just gotta go to VOSA for the VIC & we're back on the road  Very Happy
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it needs to be chopped a little lol

maybe an open top mudplugger now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Bodywork & trim All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: