All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1997 vitara v6 questioon please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHRIS47

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 23:13    Post subject: 1997 vitara v6 questioon please Reply with quote

Hi sorry for my ignorance but could anyone tell me if a 1997 Vitara V6 has a cambelt or chain . Also is there anything I need to look for when buying . I am going to look at one tomorrow and do not have a clue what to look for . Any help would be great . Also what MPG and waht insurance group would the V6 be ?

Many thanks Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 23:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dogtownclash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this was posted ages ago and you may/may not have brought your vitara already, but posting for peoples future reference.

The V6 has a cam chain and i believe mine is insurance group 20

I've had mine 6 months or so and is close approaching 100 thousand and have had/noticing various problems occuring so be vigilant when buying them over 100,000, apart from that i guess take the usual precautions you would when buying a used car.

Be aware that it is pretty juicy, £20 will get me about 70-80miles and i hardly ever drive in urban areas. There are many other 4x4s with lower MPG but for the vitaras size, the V6 does guzzle.

It is also pretty noisy, but not a nice V6 sound, more like you are just over-revving.

A nice motor with a good size engine but weigh up getting a 1.6 against the V6 fuel costs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: