4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

I have a few ideas - but what u think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki LJ / SJ modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dec

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 23:27    Post subject: I have a few ideas - but what u think? Reply with quote

well i dont have an sj yet but im comin up with ideas for what ill do to it wen i do get it:

Question 1 :

i know a nice little lane in buildwas that im going to use as almost no one will no about it, but im going to fabricate a external cage and im planning on mounting a roof mounted winch on to it, a front mounted winch and a rear mounted winch ...

reason: the lane im going to use im almost sure ill end up rolling it on (but what the hell) or get stuck. the lanes only wide enough for 1 car to fit on and there are plenty of trees surrounding it, and im probably not going to be in a group so if it does go over im f**ked

what steel would be strong enough to mount this on to?

im thinking 40x40x5 box but im not sure if it will just bend,

would 3 different winches be overkill?

im also planning on going offroading anywere i can find that i dont have to pay so ill be needing the equipment to sort myself out encase of emergency

Question 2 :

could i still get mot with a roof mounted winch + external roll cage?

Question 3 :

what wheels + tyres do you recommend for a 3" body lift + 3" suspension lift?

Question 4 :

just how bad would it be on the road after removing the anti roll bar?

Other plans:

(as this is not going to be just an off roader i want it to be the ultimate camping/hunting wagon)

new speakers all round
    cd/dvd player/screens (already have out of my focus)
    cobra reclinable bucket seats (black retrimed with woodland camo centers)
    sparco 3point harnesses
    respray in olive green or black
    6x9's with amp
    ps2 or 3
    onboard compressor (so i can deflate + reinflate tyres as needed)
    retrimed door cards
    locker for my air rifle

there are more but i dont want to get into it too much detail but so far what do u think?

i no its abit of over kill in an sj but its something i want to use everyday on road/offroad and for camping trips

let me know what u think thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 23:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

test pilot pete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 21:27    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

hey, External cage is always a good idea! but 3 winches will be very over kill.. all you should need is a good one one the front and a smaller one on the back.. Sj410 and 413 are light so if you get a highlift jack should always be able to flip it back over.
40x40x5 or 30x30x5 is as good

*******Pm me for Links to my old one!!!!!!!!!(shropshire Suzuki)

(I took the shackels off)

Q2
yes you can (as long as no sharp edges, etc..) roof lights would be better  Razz  

Q3
how are you doing the lifts? Spoa is the best suspension lift you can do for clearance (and will mean less body lift) but it will need abit off work doing to it.
I had rescet tyres on mine, not many peopls do tho, it just helps when going thought land rover ruts (as they dig the sides because sj's are smaller)

Q4
haha your planning to lift it and put a roll cage on it! the roll bar wont make a bit of different
its going to be like a brick in a pond! but thats most off the fun.

you will want a extra battery and spliter

hope this helps

Test Pilot Peter
me and the wife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with pete, no body lift just spoa. 2 winches and a highlift jack. they handle like carp with or without the antiroll bar Twisted Evil
Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have done is put hitch recivers front and rear, and have the winch mounted on a hitch reciver, with that and a snatch block it comes out in whole or in pieces Shocked You only have to pack one winch Wink
JnDCustoms

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry about anti roll bar, romoving that wont make it any worse than a 410 since they dont have a anti roll bar, hahaa
custom made front bumper
mengals 15" alloy wheels
255 70 R15 XP2000 tires
Pajero front seats
Central Locking

Made in Japan, Perfected in my garage..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki LJ / SJ modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: