Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

home made body lift what size bolts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincsuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 19:06    Post subject: home made body lift what size bolts? Reply with quote

I'm going to make my own blocks to lift the body on my lwb vit, what size are the bolts so I know what size to dill in the spacers and what length do the new bolts need to be?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 19:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tallbike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the 'correct' answer as this would be personal preference being that your doing the work yourself.... I would suggest as big and as long as possible being they will be securing the body to the chassis! I'm also assuming at this point you will be lifting it on box section steel which is fine (Ebay sell a body lift kit for about £40, and has all the bits you need!), I would set the box section between and measure and then buy the widest bolts for the length at good ol' B&Q, remembering to buy 'nylock' nuts to ensure they stay done up!

This advice may not be entirely accurate as I've not lifted any vehicle let alone a Vitara! Confused

Anyways, I hope this helps! Very Happy
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
lincsuki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep ill be making the spacers from steel box   and luckily have the bolts at work.
I didn't really want to cut the factory studs but it looks like ill have too unless I can get hold of some sleave bolts
Tallbike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the lift kit I saw on Ebay, your going to have to cut the body studs and then drill the nice neat holes for the bolts. As I said before, I haven't lifted a motor and further advice should be sought before you go ahead with my 'advice'!  Shocked
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
lincsuki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok mate thanks.
All I need to know real is the bolt diameter.then so I know what size to drill the box section, someone on here will know Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: