2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

need some serious advice before possible pruchase please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:56    Post subject: need some serious advice before possible pruchase please Reply with quote

Today I made a round trip of 160 miles to see a GV 1600 sport.
My problems are it wasnt quite as described in advert, and the biggy, the 4x4 light on dash wasnt coming on when engaging 4x4 low or high. It is a 51 plate despite being described as a 2002 model? It has a measley 32700 miles on the clock and the selling price is 3k with one years mot but no tax. I walked away as the light wasn't coming on, but after checkning on the net tonight it seems a pretty good price. Problem is how do I tell if the 4 wheel drive is working (never had one before) and could it just be the light bulb that is out. It has full service history and one previous lady owner, it could be that is has just never been used in 4x4 and things might be a bit sticky. The lever did feel a bit notchy and was occasionally a little hard to move. The car does seem to behave differently when in 4x4, much slower and when you try to accelerate it is not anywhere near responsive as in 2wd. PLEASE HELP ME. I want to go back through and have another look, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket but dont know if I should steer clear or not
Any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
thanks
darren
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

popuptoaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could pay for an RAC or AA inspection if your worried, its not a bad idea and can pay for itself as anything they find can be used as a bargaining tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: