4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hi new member and need advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee reed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:19    Post subject: Hi new member and need advise Reply with quote

Hi all

i have some experiance with off roading and have always owned a 4X4. Currently a Nissan Patrol. Getting to the point I have made my mind up to treat myself to an SJ which i will be using only for off road. My question is would i be better off saving more pennies for a fully prepped SJ or do you guys recon I will have plenty of fun with a more standard SJ (MOT failer for eg) and slowly upgrade as i get better with my driving.
thanks all  Lee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Daarke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nissan Patrol was a great off roader , but was huge , I had one back in 1990.

Go for the mot failure inho. then you can do what you want as and when. And you will know the vehicle better than a modded one.

I have no experience with the SJ , Vitara is my baby .

You will find all the help you need here though  Wink
lee reed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. while i was out today i saw a nice little L reg vitara soft top for sale. is the Vitara as easy to upgrade? and how do they do without modification, with the greatest respect i probably wrongly assumed they would be much more expensive and complicated to upgrade.
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

sj is more capable offroad and easier to upgrade.

whats your budget

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
lee reed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was hopeing i could find something to start for about 500 to 1000. i do have pals who can weld and more than one of them are machanics. looking at fleabay it seems possible to get something with no mot for that, as i said it will be a mini trailor queen. i dont doubt within months as i upgrade i could spend as much as i want but my other love of my yank tank resto needs finishing too.
do you guys think my starting budget is enough?
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a great starter sj for sale if its not going on the road, if youre looking for a purely off roader, give me a message and ill talk to you about it

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
lee reed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

have sent you a pm
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

you normally get more for your money buying modified cars than you do buying the parts to do it yourself, the flipside is that you dont get to chose the mods and you rely on someone elses skills in putting it together.
Low Down And Dirty
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

popuptoaster wrote:
you normally get more for your money buying modified cars than you do buying the parts to do it yourself, the flipside is that you dont get to chose the mods and you rely on someone elses skills in putting it together.

That depends on your circumstances, I am planning a body lift a total custom rear suspension and steel front and rear bumpers with a winch on the front, and other than time and new bushes it is costing me nothing !!
lee reed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popuptoaster do you go to the essex off road place in Chelmsford, and are you goio the pay and play day on the 2nd??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: