All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Some help and advise about Jimnys please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Some help and advise about Jimnys please Reply with quote

Hi There,

I am looking to get a Jimny for work  (I am a self employed plant and farm machinery mechanic), as I need a good 4x4 and for what ther are (price and cababilities) they are spot on.

I need a good all round tyre, as I need to use it on the road/motorway, but also in the darkest depths of the country side.. I also need it to be cabable in the snow and ice.
I have been looking at 2x tyres, Cooper discoverer st, and Insa turbo Sahara. I want a good tyre to give good clearence and traction on and off road etc but I want all this without lift kits etc and without causing any of the jimny problems (premature bearing wear and death wobble)
What is the biggest tyre I can fit without causing problems or rubbing or without fitting lift kits etc?? Standard tyres are 205 70 R15?

I also want to know if there are any other things the Jimnys suffer from, I have heard of people fitting manuel locking hubs as the auto ones can become un reliable.

Any help and advise will be gratefully recived!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Low Down And Dirty
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going to be doing road work as well as off road I would suggest something like a BFG All terrain (or similar tread pattern), the InsaT Saharas are good tyres (it's what I'm running on my Vit ATM) but they are rubbish on the road, I had BFG Mud terrains on my Ranger pick up and they were much the same as the Insa's, My dad uses BFG All terrains on has 90 he is a Farm manager, goes everywhere and very rarely gets stuck.

On a different note how the hell are you going to fit all your kit in a Jimny ?
sam7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I may go the A/T tyre route.

I also have a Unimog, I am just sick of spending £40.00 on diesel to either jump start somthing or replace a 4p fuse.
Low Down And Dirty
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha hear ya there.

Just wondered cause I am a Fabricator now, mostly site work and I did my apprenticeship (many moons ago) as an Ag fitter and I know how much kit you need to kart around.
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam7 wrote:

Thanks for that, I may go the A/T tyre route.

I also have a Unimog, I am just sick of spending £40.00 on diesel to either jump start somthing or replace a 4p fuse.

oooooohhhh mog!

me wanna play me wanna play

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: