4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My Vitara is stuck in 2 high can't get it into 4 high

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hightower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 13:42    Post subject: My Vitara is stuck in 2 high can't get it into 4 high Reply with quote

Hi there , my grand vitara has never let me down untill now , the 4x4 worked great the last few weeks with this snow but now the transfer lever is stuck in 2 high and i can't select anything . i have had it with all 4 wheels off the ground today and took it through the running gears and reverse but it is still stuck . its a 2001 grand vitara 2.0 diesel auto . any help would be great thanks .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 13:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Same problem! Reply with quote

Hi, I've recently bought a 1999 GV2000, which is in good nick. However I cannot shift the 4wd gear lever at all. It is stuck in 2H. I hope there is an easy answer for us both! Cheers.
hightower

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , sounds like the same problem mate . spoke to someone yeasterday and it seems to be a common fault . but can't find any info on it .I had all four wheels off the floor today and run it through all the gears but still haven't made a difference . so i took all the plastic covers off around the top of the gearbox to see if i could see anything . It lookes like the tranfer case lever (stick) goes straight into a sealed unit on top . so i coulden't see if the stick had sliped off the selector fork .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: