4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

88 Samurai want to + power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r3mot3control

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 17:42    Post subject: 88 Samurai want to + power Reply with quote

I wanted to know if there are any engines that will + the power from my current 4 cylinder stock motor in there right now. Are there any compatible engines from other models? Preferably something I can just drop in without having to do a terrible amount of modifications like welding and stuff... as I don't have a welder. I also wanted to know if there are any components I could put in or replace to get more power out of it or maybe perhaps tweek somehow. Reason being that the highways are brutal, I feel like an old lady. Really all I want is to be able to drive on highways without old ladies passing me on their way to bingo. It is the only aspect I am having an issue with... it's even fine on flat highway, but living in Prince George BC... flat road is uncommon unfortunately.

P.S. I was going to post pics of my Sammy all muddied up real good, but this forum is temporarily preventing that at the moment... will do eventually though.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 17:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

a sidekick 1.6 8v motor will fit but you will need an adaptor plate, these can be bought for under $100  Very Happy
r3mot3control

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
a sidekick 1.6 8v motor will fit but you will need an adaptor plate, these can be bought for under $100  Very Happy

Will that be overkill, being an 8v?  How hard is the $$$->MPG<-$$$ gonna hit me if I do that?
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

your engine is a 1.3 8valve so you are gaining 300cc = 33bhp. you will use less fuel as you wont have to thrash it to get it to go.  Very Happy
drayegon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18    Post subject: Making the Change to make the Gain Reply with quote

I am sorry if this take you far a field. You mention not having a welder or other tools. If you are going to try to do something to one of these that is beyond a stock swap. Then you are going to have to. Number one Learn what and how to do many mechanical things you do not know. Your best bet is to find a community or adult mechanical school of some sort. There you can often do thing and get folks to help you do things such as make alterations to your projects. I often teach kids and old folks how to do things such as this to many many projects. I probably own one of every tool needed to launch a space shuttle or sputnik for those older folks. Now while you are sitting there wondering how many changes that will have to be made to slip in a 1.6L Sami It is very easy and doable compared to other options. I on the other hand am in the midst of sliding a 3 L V6 Toyota with auto transmission even now I am making a change of slipping a 4cyclinder re22 motor in front of the automatic. What I have decided is to unbolt the 4 runner body off the running gear and frame. Then cut a 8 inch chunk out of the center Right behind the back of the transfer case shorten the read drive shaft by 8 inches then bolt the body down to the frame. My last decision is do I splice in a flat section of sheet metal in the middle of the whole thing. making a wider tunnel cover, Dash front grill bumper rear bumper back deck and firewall. Now I could just make some wider flares and cut out the wheel wells it is only two inches wider front and rear. If I used 20inch wheels on it I could just increase the back spacing on each wheel and slip them a longer way over the discs and such. I am also putting rear discs on it as well. Now I could go right behind the front seats and add 8inches to the rear deck and that would make it a tad bit longer. Just long enough to put in a rollbar made from a 6inch piece of sewer steel pipe .25 inch thick. Have it run through a roller to make it 8inches wide and 4inches thick. Then take a 4inch piece of pipe Drawn steel again roll it to 6inch wide by 2 in thick. They can be cut and fitted in two places in the back. With one fore and aft bar of 2 inches pressed to one inch the run from the center of the bar to the front firewall and the trans hoop. also making three more for each side and bend them to fit out to the full width of the body so that by using flanges from the rear and the front hoop so the bars may be removed to be able to put the doors back on the vehicle.

Now most of you are thinking gosh this will take a giant machine shop to deal with it. Not true. For fifteen hundred bucks I can buy and then build enough extras to make this stuff. or for that matter I could for less than half of that just pay to have it done. There are many places that sell books telling you how to build 99% of all the machines there are to work on vehicles. One company I believe is Lindsey books here in the USA. There are other places to get info on the how to. There are about two dozen books older and newer that I would love to own. so if anyone has and good books on 4x4 and working on samis or toys or what have you let me know. If I do not have it I will normally buy what you have

thanks all

dray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: