4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Old Coach Road - East Sussex, 23.07.2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:58    Post subject: Old Coach Road - East Sussex, 23.07.2010 Reply with quote

This evening, my second green lane was Old Coach Road which is a Byway (BOAT) and marked on the ordnance map. It's clearly marked either end too. You can't miss this one, as it's just off the A27 around Firle so follow the signs for Firle village. But instead of heading into the village take the turn for Firle Beacon. It's all clearly sign posted Smile
Just before you come to the bottom of the Beacon, there is a left turn and you'll see the red post.

Here is a map, and it's the longest one i've done around here so far as it's 2.2 miles long (follow the lane that joins the two red arrows up):

Just a couple of snaps:

This byway has some stunning views of the Sussex Downs and I recommend this one entirely! Again, in the winter this will be exellent and muddy with plenty of water pools as it's pretty rough in places. Some parts you could probably take a normal car down but most of it is pretty undriveable in a standard car. Tree roots hamper the gravel tracks, and there are some very deep tyre tracks too. About halfway through, there is a small space where a big tree is located and a rope swing hanging from it. So I stopped off, pulled the Vit up and made a brew and some food, with my friend who joined me for the run. In fact a farmer passed and asked if we were okay, and was very polite and had no issues with us being there. Which was nice Smile

Again, if your local to these neck of the woods  then this is definately worth 20 minutes of your time!
Very Happy

1993 Vitara Fatboy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sueiepie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a VERY nice fatboy!!!
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile

1993 Vitara Fatboy
paulward1881

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the commonly used black colour
me and the wife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulward1881 wrote:
One of the commonly used black colour

the advantage with black is you can repair it CHEAPLY Very Happy
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tend to agree if it was black, it's metallic grey actually  Wink

1993 Vitara Fatboy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Offroad pics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: