4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

sami 1.6L 8v head questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
airmanwilliams

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 17:18    Post subject: sami 1.6L 8v head questions Reply with quote

ok I just went out and bought a 1.6L 8V head from a guy because I was told that it would directly bolt onto my 1.3L 8v engine. The head needs a rebuild since it was pulled from a blown motor and there is two rockers that are bronze now.

Questions:
1. is there really much power gain that I can expect from bolting this on?
2. can I use my stock intake and carb from my 1.3 on this since I just rebuilt my carb last week?

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 17:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ideal_dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:05    Post subject: Re: sami 1.6L 8v head questions Reply with quote

airmanwilliams wrote:
ok I just went out and bought a 1.6L 8V head from a guy because I was told that it would directly bolt onto my 1.3L 8v engine. The head needs a rebuild since it was pulled from a blown motor and there is two rockers that are bronze now.

Questions:
2. can I use my stock intake and carb from my 1.3 on this since I just rebuilt my carb last week?

Hi mate,

Not sure about the power gains.

Your standard inlet manifold and carb should fit no problem

One thing to check before going rushing into it all though, I'm not sure the 8v Vitara head has a mounting place for the mechanical fuel pump.
When I fitted a 1600 8v Vit engine to my SJ I had to buy an electronic on-demand fuel pump. I'm not sure if they're all the same but it might be worth having a quick look as I didn't notice until I had the whole engine in place and was excitedly bolting the last bits on expecting to drive off in a few minutes  Laughing

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
me and the wife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 14:49    Post subject: Re: sami 1.6L 8v head questions Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
airmanwilliams wrote:

Questions:

Hi mate,

Not sure about the power gains.

Your standard inlet manifold and carb should fit no problem

One thing to check before going rushing into it all though, I'm not sure the 8v Vitara head has a mounting place for the mechanical fuel pump.
When I fitted a 1600 8v Vit engine to my SJ I had to buy an electronic on-demand fuel pump. I'm not sure if they're all the same but it might be worth having a quick look as I didn't notice until I had the whole engine in place and was excitedly bolting the last bits on expecting to drive off in a few minutes  Laughing

are you pleased withe the added performance Very Happy
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Re: sami 1.6L 8v head questions Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
are you pleased withe the added performance Very Happy

Definitely! It's not much faster, probably get about 75mph on the motorway now, but it's got tons of grunt off road.
It walks through obstacles that others struggle with.

I think the slow road speed is because I have a 410 transfer box fitted which has dropped the gearing a bit.

It's a different car now to when I got it, the engine, SU carb, transfer box, disks all round and uprated springs are the best mods I have done and it has transformed the car completely.

Next month I'm having the shell off, welding everything up that's rotten, and modifying the chassis so that it's got reversed shackles, stands a bit taller plus a few other things I have in mind. I can't wait to see what how it turns out  Wink .

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: