4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Vitara Live axle conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robmfc007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 0:30    Post subject: Vitara Live axle conversion Reply with quote

Hi there, am I need of some help, I posted up a few days ago saying that my Vitara has gone through a few cv joints since I've lifted the suspension and body lift with big tyres, someOne kindly suggested to put an sj front axle on It!? Has anyone done this that can enlighten me on exactly what needs to be done to do this conversion?

I mean brakes, new shocks, anything, is there a link or some helpful pictures that anyone has used before?

Thanks for the help in advance, Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 0:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

basicaly remove front diff, wishbones, springs + perches and front propshaft. then place the new axle complete with tyres on under the car and find the position you would like, i.e 1 or 2 inches forward. then make a simple U bracket for the rear of the leaf sprin and weld it onto the chassis and bolt the spring, then make similar brackets for the front of the springs. the vitara brake hoses fit the sj calipers. you will need to make a longer front prop ( i used 2" gas pipe) and your own shock towers and then link the steering ( i used a vitara ball joint and it broke so it may be worth buying a z link bar off of ebay

here is mine on its first trip out ( it was AWSOME ) and if i had another vit it would be my first mod Very Happy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2437187427337145353#
Robmfc007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you any idea how much I'll be paying out for all these bits 2nd hand and also a price for brand new, I'm not very familiar with leaf springs and the suspension setup for an sj,!? How long should this take if I get allthe bits together?! Did u have any pics whilst doing the project? Cheers
dudders

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 14:02    Post subject: Vitara front live axle conversion. Reply with quote

Hi there.
I, also, am looking into doing a live front axle conversion on my 1994 Vitara.
Do you know if the differential ratios will be right in an SJ axle?  this will create major problems if they're not.
I have been told that a an Isuzu Trooper front axle is a good starting point, Has anyone ever heard of this or am I being told porky pies?
Cheers

Dudley!
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i dont know about the trooper but the 413 axle is fine Very Happy
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

the trooper axle will be too wide for the vit :s

but i have an sj im breaking or selling complete if anyone needs any donor parts

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: