All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

sat nav n dvd player in sammy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubberduck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 20:31    Post subject: sat nav n dvd player in sammy Reply with quote

as my sammy is my daily drive and offroader i would like to bring a little bit of comfort and entertainment to the truck for evenings at meets etc.

ive have read about people using mini 12v computors to run sat nav and also able to load up os maps etc either on a 7.5 touch screen monitor, i was wondering if anyone has any experince with a set up like this or similar, and is it possible to run a dvd player on the sytem to and how do they all tie into the stero system etc.

pics or links will be helpfull

also while im at it, has anyone added extra speakers or relocated them in a sammy if so where have ya mounted them as im not to fond of the speakers in the foot well as ive already had water near enough as high.

cheers
 tom
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 20:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

oaks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put the speakers on the roof or above the dashboard
rubberduck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

only problem i have is mines a fiberglass roof n a internal rool hoop so im finding it hard to find a decent fixing point, ill have a play around and see what i come up with. will post pics
oaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a wooden board with the speakers on it and put it side to side of the roof
DaiRees

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya duck,

I use sat nav / gps on a PDA and I also have the gps on a laptop, but that's too bulky for a zook really Laughing .

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to revive an old thread, has anyone got a decent stereo system in their jeeps. mine has only got 1 speaker  Embarassed
dartman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys just clicked on to this thread and in the answer to your q about a decent speaker system, YES!. I have a mutant 4 x50 watt head piece cd player with ipod and usb connections, which is connected to all four standard speakers in my vitara, but that just didnt cut the mustard so i went slightly ott and bought a 500 watt amp which is attached to the floor under the drivers seat, of this runs 2 6x9 kenwood speakers which are positiond in the door cards and a 1200 watt subwoofer which is located in the tailgate, ill try and post some pics, but basically i took off the tailgate door card and cut a junk of the hinge end then i made a box out of ply wood to house the sub itselfs (the plywood is coverd in black leather to give it a better finish lol) i then made a few brackets up to fix the box to the tailgate. now here is the clever part  Wink i got busy with the grinder and cutout some of the metal work inside the rear door, so that the speaker sits right in the door as  with a vitara you cant aford to lose any boot space lol (this allso helps with bass vibration Laughing ) then i simply fitted the box on and put the rear door card on, simples. now the wiring was a *beep* i ran the to door speakers through the door gromit loom and then behind the dash and down the center column to the amp under the seat, for the sub i jus went under the boot carpet along the drivers side and thn went straight under the carpet under the seat made a little hole and poked the cable through (looks alot neater then it sounds lol) and thats pretty much it, now i no your all thinkin 'its a vitara mate, dont attract attenion to it lol) but i am 17 and it is my first car, its lifted got a winch bumber and some big boots, meaning that it cant catch up with myu friends corsas or saxos, but i havent herd a better speaker system yet  Cool
zocko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

trouble with fitting to the floor is that itll need to be waterproof Sad

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
JnDCustoms

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive put my speakers (5.25" infinity 5002i) in the boot cards, im thinking of puting two speaker in the front door cards too and mybe a couple in the rear door, ive also got 1 x 10" kenwood typhon, soon to be two, i need to fit a new sterio to my car aswel as its only got an old tapedeck the car came with...

any questions about car audio, i can try and answear...
custom made front bumper
mengals 15" alloy wheels
255 70 R15 XP2000 tires
Pajero front seats
Central Locking

Made in Japan, Perfected in my garage..
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your gonna use a netbook/laptop in something like a sammy best get one with a solid state hard drive, a normal one wont last 5 minutes being shaken about unless you can mount it on rubber bands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: