All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Barry Grainger Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sueiepie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Barry Grainger Insurance Reply with quote

All I can say about these is - I WISH I HADN'T.

I took out a new policy with these as they were the cheapest on the comparison site I used, was happy that it was only £368 for me and my boyfriend (who has 6 points), it was only when I was reading though all the stuff they sent that I noticed it said that the car had to be garaged between the hours of 10pm and 6am, I didn't think this could be right, I'd never heard of anything like it before, so I rang them this morning and they confirmed that if I went out in my car after 10pm and anything happened, I would be classed as uninsured! How bad is that?

I cancelled it right there and then, well I tried to anyway,they would only let me cancel when they'd recieved my policy back with a letter explaining why I was cancelling, so I've lost my deposit now because it'll be over the 14 day limit for cancellations  Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

if youve informed them before the 14 days is up they cant legally withold your deposit.

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
me and the wife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ol insurance companies Evil or Very Mad
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont let em get away wiv it su! make yourself some notes about times and dates you spoke to them, who you spoke to(if you can) & what was said AND then get in touch  with the insurance ombudsman. You dont mind so much if you were a bit lazy-like wot i wuz-& didnt check but it sounds like they are being tricksy.
sueiepie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent them a letter telling them that its an infringement of my Human rights (well I think it is, epecting me to stay at home after 10pm, it's like I'd be on a curfew or something) i spoke to them again and they said that I 'might' get half of my deposit back, I asked them to cancel it on day 10, they wouldn't do it over the phone, just said that they'd cancel when they got the policy back. The new insurance man that I spoke to said that they were just saying that so they could squeeze another few pounds out of me and not give the deposit back  Sad .
thanks for your advice, I'm going to try and remember all the details that I can and write it down.
Keefe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Newbie here. LoL

I have a clause that says mine has to be garaged between 2200 and 0600 but only if I'm within 0.6 of a mile from home.
I can go out between these hours and the 'jeep' can stay out as and when when I'm away from home.
It's just when I'm at home, between those hours, it has to be in the garage for cover, in more ways than one,

Have you checked your policy in detail? I'm sure yours will be the same or very similar.

K Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: