All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Vitara Feels like it's running out of petrol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robmfc007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 22:43    Post subject: Vitara Feels like it's running out of petrol Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am having problems with my w reg vitara, it's 1.6 8v, found out recently After driving over a 15 mile motorway run it feels like it's running out of petrol. I can have my foot on the accelerator at 70 mph and then it feels like i take it off and put it back on constantly on off on off then looses alot of power, can slow me down to 40mph. If I stop at a garage, turn the ignition off and on, sometimes it can be fine but only for another mile or so, and if I stop the car out of gear and rev to the floor when this happens it reaches about 2000rpm then dies then kicks back in again and so on and so forth, ihave changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm, could anyone please help me out as I'm not sure what the problem is, many thanks,
rob!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 22:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the carb but change the plugs and leads and if it still happens then the carb needs a service Very Happy
Robmfc007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there thanks for the reply but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem, I mean to save me paying out for this not to be the reason the cars playing up?! Many thanks
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know when the leads were last changed and do they look newish.
Robmfc007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the leads look quite new and aren't split and a local mechanic told me they look ok as they aren't green on the inside, that any help,?! How much would I pick up new leads for?!
proudy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same symptoms but with my diesel. It was the fuel filter on mine  Smile
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 15:21    Post subject: checks Reply with quote

Ask a garage to check the emissions with the sniffer for the mot to see if its running too rich......could possibly be the auto choke playing up......which I've heard is a bit of a common occurance......
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

the standard carbs are rubbish but it can be costley to get them serviced which is why i would replace the cheap bits first Very Happy
Robmfc007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I will try the autochoke as it does rev high sometimes, and think I'll be looking at the fuel filter- is this easy to get too and should it be replaced or just cleaned?! I will try these options first as you all say I need to eliminate the small possibilities 1st, thanks!?
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be less than about £6 or so for a new fuel filter

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: