All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Chants Lane & Coopers Hill Road - East Sussex 17.06.2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:22    Post subject: Chants Lane & Coopers Hill Road - East Sussex 17.06.2010 Reply with quote

Hi guys,
this was my first trip out in my newly purchased Vitara. I found the green lanes on another website so downloaded the maps and went off out to look for them. Basically as it was getting dark I only managed to find two of them out of the four I had noted down.
Firstly I started off nice and easy at Chants Lane which is in Rotherfield in East Sussex. Nice easy lane this one was and enjoyed it, only problem was it was very short which was a shame...

start of the byway:

and the end:

Then I set off to the harder Coopers Hill Road which was pretty much around the corner from Chants Lane, I found this by mistake as I was using the sat nav to get me to Bletchingyle Lane, I found this so set off down there instead...

just before heading off into the byway:

stopped off in the forest section for a walkabout as it had some stunning scenery, in which i'm hoping to go back with my slr camera at some point!

video of Chants Lane run:

Link

If you haven't been down these then I thoroughly recommend them. The last one - Coopers Hill Road, got very muddy. As about halfway through there is quite tough terrain of rocks and quite large stones. Also there is a stream to cross and a hill climb straight after of about a 40/45 degree angle which was massive fun.

Great for the novice I think  Cool

***Edited, I went down Coopers Hill Road instead of Bletchingyle Road***

Last edited by MacSmurf on Fri Jun 18, 2010 16:11; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Retro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, that rear chrome bar could cause you some problems on anything even slightly more offroad  Wink
me and the wife

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro wrote:
Looking good, that rear chrome bar could cause you some problems on anything even slightly more offroad  Wink

i agree, looks great though Very Happy
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yes, when I came out of the small water crossing up the pretty steep climb the bar caught the rocks. My friend who is a welder is going to shorten the mounting plate on it, so it sits higher up this weekend Smile I'm hoping to get some new videos up of some runs around Sussex in the coming weeks  Very Happy
bricky2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

take them of
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, I'd rather have the bar scrape than the bottom of the car.

1993 Vitara Fatboy
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chrome style slider bar has now been removed... replaced with a towbar Smile

1993 Vitara Fatboy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Offroad pics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: