Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Brakes *beep*?????

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little sammy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Brakes *beep*????? Reply with quote

Hi,despite doing everything possible there is a big problem with my brake effeciency in as much as it pulls to the left,then next time i brake it pulls to the right.

When i first drive off it brakes fine then 5 mins later it starts the pulling and if i stop for a few mins with engine off its fine again for a few mins but it always does the pulling in the end.

Ive changed fluid,bled,bled and bled again,changed the front right calper for a brand new asin one and its still pulling so i wasted my money on that eh!!

And when it starts the pulling i can stop on a slight hill and it wont roll down it even if im not touching  the brakes.

Short of changing the entire front axle,calipers,disks,spoa,pipes etc i do not know what to do.

Any ideas????

cheers

Liam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

flexi hoses

theyve prob perished and collapsed in on themselves.

change them and itll prob cure the problem.

if youre unsure, take one off (stop the fluid running out completely with a water balloon over the end) and see if you can get an airline to blow through it.

its common on onld hoses for the inner wall to swell up and go spongy, it constricts the flow and causes binding and often other symptoms.

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
little sammy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

zocko wrote:
flexi hoses

theyve prob perished and collapsed in on themselves.

change them and itll prob cure the problem.

if youre unsure, take one off (stop the fluid running out completely with a water balloon over the end) and see if you can get an airline to blow through it.

its common on onld hoses for the inner wall to swell up and go spongy, it constricts the flow and causes binding and often other symptoms.

Aha,i never thought of that!!!

The pipes are probably original,ill change them for some extended ones soon then to see if that sorts it out!!!

Cheers dude!!

Liam Very Happy
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brakes are giving me a headache too. A bit of a different problem to yours, it pulls really hard to the right as soon as I touch the brake pedal.
I've figured that the left brake isn't stopping as as well as the right brake.
Even at slow speeds it pulls REALLY hard to the right going forwards, and REALLY hard to the left going backwards.

I've replaced the front brake hoses, bled the system, made sure the calipers work properly, changed the wheel bearings and it's made no difference at all. I just don't get it.
The only things I haven't messed with are the discs and pads but I can't see that'd make much difference.
I suppose it might be worth changing the pads just in case they're contaminated or something on the left side. The only problem is I've got two different calipers on the front of my car, so the pads are probably different in each which means I'd have to buy two sets of pads just to do the job and I hate wasting money  Evil or Very Mad

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
zocko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your off side wheel cylinder isnt seized?

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

zocko wrote:
check your off side wheel cylinder isnt seized?

Do you mean the piston in the caliper? If you do, I've already done that. I've squeezed it all the way in and then pressed the brake pedal to push it back out, done this loads of times to make sure it all moves properly and it seems fine.

ideal_dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 17:49    Post subject: Re: Brakes *beep*????? Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
Ive changed fluid,bled,bled and bled again,changed the front right calper for a brand new asin one and its still pulling so i wasted my money on that eh!!

cheers

Liam

Shame you didn't change the front left one and still had the original knocking about. I could do with trying a different caliper to see if anything changes on mine. I could have bought if off you if made any difference  Crying or Very sad

ideal_dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam where did you get your new caliper from?
In the morning I'm gonna post pictures here of my two different brake calipers, can you have a look and tell me which one, if any of them, are the same as your Aisin one please.

ideal_dog

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's my two different calipers which I think may be causing unequal braking.

Which is the correct one and what is the other off of?
Are the calipers from the 410 / 413 / Samurai etc interchangeable, as in, can I get two calipers from a 410 for instance, and fit them on my Samurai?

Near side front (passenger) Lucas caliper

Off side front (driver) Aisin caliper

little sammy

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can gaurantee the aisin one was part of a pair and the tight son of a preacherman fitted  a different one as the aisin one cost about £130,i know this as i bought a new one for mine!!!!!
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
Liam where did you get your new caliper from?
In the morning I'm gonna post pictures here of my two different brake calipers, can you have a look and tell me which one, if any of them, are the same as your Aisin one please.

from my man at the auto place that gets things for me,i am pretty sure it was about £130 so not cheep,special order item mate Sad
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines got aisin calipers mate Smile
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sh*t, so it's gonna cost me a fortune! The wife's going to kill me, we're trying to move house and works a bit thin on the ground at the moment, making money a bit tight and she's getting fed up with packages keep arriving for the Suzuki  Confused . I told her there was no more money needing to be spent on it, so she wont be amused.

Assuming yours has the standard calipers on it, that means I can probably get hold of a secondhand nearside Samurai caliper and it'll be the same as my offside one, which will hopefully cure the problem as it'll then have two Aisin calipers.

Cheers mate.

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ideal_dog"]Sh*t, so it's gonna cost me a fortune! The wife's going to kill me, we're trying to move house and works a bit thin on the ground at the moment, making money a bit tight and she's getting fed up with packages keep arriving for the Suzuki  Confused . I told her there was no more money needing to be spent on it, so she wont be amused.

lol
when i tell my wife that she knows iv just spent 2G lol

DONT TELL HER YOU WILL MAKE YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN YOU SELL IT (she will want you to sell it) Twisted Evil
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

what calipers did you use and did it fix it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: