All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front axle specification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:54    Post subject: Front axle specification Reply with quote

Hi All

I have a 'M' Reg Vit and need various drive line bits for the front axle. I have a chance of buying a scrap front axle off a 1999 motor, but somebody has told me there are a lot of differences between the 1995 and 1999 front axles (drive shafts and hubs).

Can anybody help me out.

Thanks

Dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

tr1cky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe 1995 was a changeover year, I have a 1997 16v jlx se which was running the 26 spline shafts until I broke the diff. I fitted a spare from an older 8v, all I had to do was fit the 22 spline shaft and I was away.

a mate of mine then broke his casing (1995 16v jlx) too and rebuilt a steel casing with my diff (from the 1997 using the 26 spline shaft too) he found that the ring gear had bigger teeth on the newer diff so the pinion was slightly bigger to suit. when he fitted this to his it wound the transfer box up badly. he has since rebuilt using his original gears and is running fine now.

I have been told that suzuki decided that 95 on vehicle should have more drive from the front axle for some reason (hence the bigger teeth and gears) but am not sure why, also if you have the different splined diff you'll need the shaft to match

hope this is of some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: