Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

PLEASE HELP, SOMEONE MUST KNOW WHAT THIS IS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki LJ / SJ Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coll455

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 22:44    Post subject: PLEASE HELP, SOMEONE MUST KNOW WHAT THIS IS!! Reply with quote

My Sammy just wont run right, it's been playing up for 3 weeks now and im starting to lose my rag with it. The car starts fine when cold, however as soon as the choke comes off it loses revs and stalls. I've tried just about everything i can think of to solve the problem but no luck. It seems like there is too much air in the mixture but the mixture itself is fine. I've had the carb off twice now and cleaned it all and made sure the fuel jets aren't blocked. It seems like the car is sucking in air from somewhere it shouldn't be but i can't seem to find anything. I've changed the manifold gasket and blocked up each and every air pipe one by one to make sure they're all doing what they should be and everything seems to work fine. Now i've just kind of run out of ideas and things to try. So if anyone has any bright ideas then please, i'd love to hear them.

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 22:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

deathbus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

aisin carb with autochoke by any chance?
Coll455

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, aisin with auto choke.
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried replacing the vacuum hoses around the carb?

i did that and it cured most of the robs i was having with mine

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
deathbus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had what would seem to be the same thing, does it always seem to be idling high, then cutout once warmed up?

i checked the vacuums (as zocko has rightly mentioned so id do that first Wink ), and stripped and rebuilt the carb. but it made very little difference.

have you looked at your plugs? what colour and condition are they in? they should be a nice biscuity colour.
mines were rather sooty, indicating a rich mixture.

ended up being the autochoke that was the problem, a common problem with the aisin carb. unfortunately the part that causes the problem is not a servicable item. massive oversight as far as im concerned  Rolling Eyes .

i got round it by slackening off the autochoke controls which basically bypasses the choke and renders it useless. do you think you could live without it? only difference i noticed from a cold start was it idled at 500rpm until warming up and settling at 750rmp as i set it up to do. i have been running this setup since september last year with no probs, even when it was REALLY cold.

il get some pics tomoro if i can and talk you through it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki LJ / SJ Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: