All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

F++king carbs....................

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
yo mr dog,check this bad boy out................http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SU-carburettor-suzuki-sj-samurai_W0QQitemZ170463528112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27b06b04b0

got all the whistles and bells on it,half the works been done for ya!!!

Its got the accelrator cable bracket on it,the exhaust manifold adapter and on the air filter side its been piped up too!!!

cheers

liam

Well aint that a kick in the balls!! I just won a nice SU Hif44 carb on eBay last night which is paid for and winging it's way to me now  Evil or Very Mad
This morning I was going to order the adapter plate and other bits, then email you about your air boxes.

Oh well, that's how it goes. I don't think I'd have the patience to wait for that auction to end anyway  Smile

Thanks for letting me know about it though mate, can you let me know the deal on the airboxes and elbows please?

Alan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

little sammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy that one off ebay Alan and sell yours on,they go like hotcakes anyway,i sold 4 or five in a week when i was sorting mine out,i didnt expect to but they just fly off the shelf mate.

You will save money and hardship if you buy the one off fleabay,which coincidentally has no physical or emotional relationship to anyone at this address,in my family or to that of any of my friends,colleauges,associates or their families or dentists families yatta yatta yatta ,you get my drift?????

you can ring me 07966061412 if you need to

cheers

liam
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've emailed them to ask if they'll give me a price to buy it now, they'll probably tell me to p**s off! Everytime I sell something on eBay I get people asking me for a buy it now price, I hate it, now I've done it  Embarassed

I need to get my SJ sorted pretty quickly and that carb has got 7 days to run and then there's no guarantee I'll win it.
If they wont sell it to me now, I'll have to buy the bits and make my own kit up which'll probably end up costing more than their ready to go set-up, and by the time I've gone through all the trial and error, I'll almost definitely wish I'd waited and bid on that one.

All these decisions are given me a head ache!  Laughing

Alan
little sammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
I've emailed them to ask if they'll give me a price to buy it now, they'll probably tell me to p**s off! Everytime I sell something on eBay I get people asking me for a buy it now price, I hate it, now I've done it  Embarassed

I need to get my SJ sorted pretty quickly and that carb has got 7 days to run and then there's no guarantee I'll win it.
If they wont sell it to me now, I'll have to buy the bits and make my own kit up which'll probably end up costing more than their ready to go set-up, and by the time I've gone through all the trial and error, I'll almost definitely wish I'd waited and bid on that one.

Alan

Itll be worth the wait as its simply rip your carb off ,bolt the one on fleabay on,pipe it up and hey presto,doubt if it will take more than a couple of hours , christ ill even come over and do it for ya,im a dab hand now due to my own trials and tribulations sorting mine out!!!!

cheers

liam
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
ideal_dog wrote:

Alan

Itll be worth the wait as its simply rip your carb off ,bolt the one on fleabay on,pipe it up and hey presto,doubt if it will take more than a couple of hours , christ ill even come over and do it for ya,im a dab hand now due to my own trials and tribulations sorting mine out!!!!

cheers

liam

Lol cheers Liam,

If I could just get the bloody carb, I could most likely bolt it on myself without too much hassle, especially now I've got your contact details for when I can't figure out the return fuel line  Laughing . The main fitting it bit sounds easy, and then with the advice of someone like you who's been there and done it, I'm sure the trickier set up bits will soon be conquered.

When I get the SJ running and come over to Whaddon next, maybe you'd like to come over and meet up too, or somewhere else? I think Ricky from on here is up for a Suzuki get together too, so it might be a laugh.

Alan
little sammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
little sammy wrote:
ideal_dog wrote:

Alan

cheers

liam

Lol cheers Liam,

If I could just get the bloody carb, I could most likely bolt it on myself without too much hassle, especially now I've got your contact details for when I can't figure out the return fuel line  Laughing . The main fitting it bit sounds easy, and then with the advice of someone like you who's been there and done it, I'm sure the trickier set up bits will soon be conquered.

When I get the SJ running and come over to Whaddon next, maybe you'd like to come over and meet up too, or somewhere else? I think Ricky from on here is up for a Suzuki get together too, so it might be a laugh.

Alan

There is no fuel return,i thought there was but turns out some"MECHANIC"had fiddle with my su and dropped the float out of place inside causing a fuel overload and throwing it out of one of the breathers,it wasnt till i opened the carb up that i saw it,put it all back in place and now i have to breathers,sorted!!
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
buy that one off ebay Alan and sell yours on,they go like hotcakes anyway,i sold 4 or five in a week when i was sorting mine out,i didnt expect to but they just fly off the shelf mate.

You will save money and hardship if you buy the one off fleabay,which coincidentally has no physical or emotional relationship to anyone at this address,in my family or to that of any of my friends,colleauges,associates or their families or dentists families yatta yatta yatta ,you get my drift?????

you can ring me 07966061412 if you need to

cheers

liam

By the way Liam, here's my number too so you know who it is calling you. You'll know it's trouble and might not want to answer  Wink
little sammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ill put it on the block caller list then!!
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
Laughing ill put it on the block caller list then!!

Lol, I'll withhold my number just in case  Idea

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liam,

I've nearly got my carb install completed, only being stopped by the rain.

I bought the carb, abutment plate, adapter, bike brake cable to use as an accelerator cable (thanks for that tip), universal choke cable, gasket paper, SU service kit, fuel lines, fuel filter, vacuum hoses, nut & bolts etc.
I cleaned and serviced the SU carb replacing all the gaskets and o-rings, bolted it to the adapter, modified my accelerator pedal to accept the larger diameter bike brake cable end and run it into position, modified my standard inlet manifold from the two holes to one large circular hole, blocked off any unused pipes, and eventually bolted it all together and plumbed it in.
Then it pi**ed down none stop from then on so I haven't managed to get it running yet.

I'm hoping to get out there soon and give it whirl, but I had such a poo day yesterday and fell behind with my work so I've got a bit of catching up to do, but fingers crossed we'll have ignition before the day's out  Very Happy

little sammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
Hi Liam,

I've nearly got my carb install completed, only being stopped by the rain.

I bought the carb, abutment plate, adapter, bike brake cable to use as an accelerator cable (thanks for that tip), universal choke cable, gasket paper, SU service kit, fuel lines, fuel filter, vacuum hoses, nut & bolts etc.
I cleaned and serviced the SU carb replacing all the gaskets and o-rings, bolted it to the adapter, modified my accelerator pedal to accept the larger diameter bike brake cable end and run it into position, modified my standard inlet manifold from the two holes to one large circular hole, blocked off any unused pipes, and eventually bolted it all together and plumbed it in.
Then it pi**ed down none stop from then on so I haven't managed to get it running yet.

I'm hoping to get out there soon and give it whirl, but I had such a poo day yesterday and fell behind with my work so I've got a bit of catching up to do, but fingers crossed we'll have ignition before the day's out  Very Happy

Ahh  but did you fill it up with fluid????
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liam,

I was meticulous with every detail  Very Happy  

Here's some pics of the set up.

This is the modified manifold.

A good side view of the adapter.

The carb from the front.

little sammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
Hi Liam,

Looks good,dont try to start it yet,i think you have plumbed water into a breather and i cant find my lead light to go check!!!

Where your two pipes at top of carb are,both of mine are breathers and unless im mistaken you have joined the right hand one onto the pipe from the radiator??

You may not have and yours might work,all i know is i aint done that and mine runs Laughing  Laughing

I probably got lucky though and have done it wrong!!!1
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
ideal_dog wrote:
Hi Liam,

Looks good,dont try to start it yet,i think you have plumbed water into a breather and i cant find my lead light to go check!!!

Where your two pipes at top of carb are,both of mine are breathers and unless im mistaken you have joined the right hand one onto the pipe from the radiator??

You may not have and yours might work,all i know is i aint done that and mine runs Laughing  Laughing

Hi Liam, the two pipes at the top that look like they're connected to the rad aint connected to anything mate, but I can see why you thought that.

The furthest away pipe in the last picture is as far as I know a breather that would normally connect to a crankcase breather, but I have plugged it.
The nearer pipe is the float chamber overflow and I have run that to under the engine.

I've had the engine running for ages earlier and it ran perfectly, I'm well pleased  Very Happy
If I have got something plumbed in wrong, it's coping well at the moment, it'll probably blow up next time I start it  Laughing

little sammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
little sammy wrote:
ideal_dog wrote:
Hi Liam,

Just checking Wink

Hi Liam, the two pipes at the top that look like they're connected to the rad aint connected to anything mate, but I can see why you thought that.

The furthest away pipe in the last picture is as far as I know a breather that would normally connect to a crankcase breather, but I have plugged it.
The nearer pipe is the float chamber overflow and I have run that to under the engine.

I've had the engine running for ages earlier and it ran perfectly, I'm well pleased  Very Happy
If I have got something plumbed in wrong, it's coping well at the moment, it'll probably blow up next time I start it  Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: