4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TYRES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgelouise1234

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:09    Post subject: TYRES Reply with quote

HI I HAVE A P REG VITARA FATBOY WITH 265/50.R15 TYRES ON IT. I WANT TO CHANGE THEM AS THEY WERE RUBBISH IN THE SNOW. ANY IDEAS
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RSi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinnest tyres to can put on, I have 255's and they were deadly in the snow. Shocked
georgelouise1234

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:14    Post subject: TYRES Reply with quote

thanks but i am a woman, still want beefy tyres but i have not got a clue
RSi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:29    Post subject: Re: TYRES Reply with quote

georgelouise1234 wrote:
thanks but i am a woman

Ahhh didn't realise that, you mean you want the impossible then  Laughing Laughing  (did I just say that  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing )

The wider the tyres then the poorer it is in the snow.
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ RSi .....  I take it the pic of the vit on your signature is yours? .....if so then did you fit the bullbars or did it come with them on already?  Am in a bit of a dilemma with regards getting mine fitted or not  Confused
RSi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're after market ones that the guy I bought the jeep off fitted, I'd just fit them and not worry about it - you're not going to get anyone giving you bother over them. Murdo
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the concern, if anyone (official) asks and I say they were fitted by previous owner, cuz the previous owner is my uncle, so obviously dont wanna get him into any bother lol
RSi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bam-zuki wrote:
Thats the concern, if anyone (official) asks and I say they were fitted by previous owner, cuz the previous owner is my uncle, so obviously dont wanna get him into any bother lol

I've never had a problem, I'd be very very surprised if you did - I've never been picked up about bars at an MOT either - if it was illegal then you'd not be able to buy them.
n0rmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34    Post subject: I have 265.50.15 Reply with quote

this was my first winter with my vit and i never got stuck once with my wheels - thought they were great and i live in oldham one of the highest towns in the uk. we had about 30 inches of snow up here and i went out for the fun of it in mine across fields and up and down every road
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had fun n0rmy Very Happy
n0rmy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not a religious guy and i hate the cold - i'm a med man myself but I now pray for snow every day.

honestly i dont understand were all these negative comments come from that vitaras are so bad in the snow. I have never had a 4x4 before so I cant really judge it against others but i never got stuck once.

i have the fatboy version as well which people say is worst but i think the wider the mud and snow cobra tyres i have, have more grip ... honestly i went accross a field that was at the back of my house because they closed the road down to our close as there was a pile up on its entrance ,the snow must of been about 15inches deep and i just mashed it all down and drove over the top of it - i couldnt believe it - i never had to stop and start it reverse back or shunt it, it never slipped once. it was like a monster truck.

over this christmas period alone i have decided never to buy a normal 2 wheel drive car agian unless i can win lottery and can afford the lux of having 2 or more cars.....

plus i love the look of my jeep.
william lam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to jump thread

but what pressure should i have on the tyres which are 265 and 15 inche?
tr1cky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 255x75 r15 camac terra 4x4 tyres on daihatsu rims on my vitara, I do have a body and suspension lift or they wouldn't fit but these are great in poor conditions as well as for some off the off road driving I do.

for trial evens I use 215 R15 diamond backs on another set of rims, can't beat them for grip but a bit noisy on the road...
marciaellis1001

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 15:43    Post subject: Fatboy Tyres Reply with quote

I have 255/50r15 tyres on mine, and brilliant in the snow!! Problem is where can I buy these tyres? I need to replace the front ones, but can't find anywhere that supply them? Anyone have an idea?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: