All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help! transfer box problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleShocker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:54    Post subject: Help! transfer box problem Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to this site, and yes i have a problem with my samurai 4x4...

I just got a 87' samurai 4x4 in few week ago, and love it.  I was put it in neutral position of transfer box so I can tow it to the off-road place. When i got there, and then I tired to shift a stick to 4L or 4H or 2WD in many difference ways, but not movable.  I do not have any manual books, my buddies and i have no clues..  Is it broken? or Something that I am not aware of this?  

please someone can explain me what happen? Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32    Post subject: Re: Help! transfer box problem Reply with quote

OleShocker wrote:
Hello, I am new to this site, and yes i have a problem with my samurai 4x4...

I just got a 87' samurai 4x4 in few week ago, and love it.  I was put it in neutral position of transfer box so I can tow it to the off-road place. When i got there, and then I tired to shift a stick to 4L or 4H or 2WD in many difference ways, but not movable.  I do not have any manual books, my buddies and i have no clues..  Is it broken? or Something that I am not aware of this?  

please someone can explain me what happen? Thanks

How far did you tow it? If we tow them any more than 250km we will remove the the drive shafts so the transfer case does not seize Idea
OleShocker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did towed it to the place and return it to home in about 40km or 24 miles total...
OleShocker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an issue and repaired!  Now it is working fine..     a small part that hold a stick in the transfer box was worn out which is cause the stick slipped through the gears. that's why it was unmovable..   Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: