4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

first time offroader.. any help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murray123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 19:19    Post subject: first time offroader.. any help? Reply with quote

hi i was just wondering if anyone can help out... im 16 years old and recently bought a vitara on a w reg.. it is standard at the moment and pretty capable but i want to take it further.. where should i start i have been recomended 31.10.15 tyres??? Confused is there any advantage going to 16 inch rims??? and what lift mods are best? i am having the vehicle on the back of a trailer fully offroad.. cheers..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 19:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it out for a play first and appreciate how good they are standard, then you can start thinking about what areas you want to improve and what mods you want. You'll certainly want chunky tyres but huge tyres ruin your gearing so be careful! Modding is a personal thing so take your time and take a look at the effect each change has on the car, what works for someone else might not work for you Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for the advice... i was wondering what tyres to put on.. insa turbo special track??? and i was looking for about 2" clearance but body or suspension?? any suggestions??
zuke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

im running my sj 410 on standard AT's 15inch rims Wink
muffin32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oright man im 16 n all,

body lift wud be better in my opinion and get snorkel on etc
kinx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got insa turbos there ok but like to snap ur drive shafts lol and if u want 31s u need both lifts but go with a spring lift first u need to get up of the ground body dont real do much apart from let u put bigger wheals and look bigger get on bits 4 vits he will do everything u need u need shock spacer spring spacer drrop brackets for front diff and ur best putting some mk2 astra shocks on the back and deff get a snorkel but get to BnQ get some drain pipe slap a K&N on top
4x4edd

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think DaiRees is spot on. Take it for a play first and tweak it after. good age to start tho, keep it up. I've 33's on my sj, but the 1.6 vito engine does struggle a little now and then. the truck was built to go a lot of places so just start with some good tyres and go from there, everything comes down to how much coin you have to spend on it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: