Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

shooting

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferret375

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nr Selby North Yorks.
Just been out for a couple of hours to see if I could get my ferrets a fresh rabbit to eat.
Managed to get them one Smile But also managed to bring home a few in bin liners that are full of myxomatosis  Crying or Very sad
This seems to be the case of late, think out of my last two trips shooting I have had to get rid of seven due to myxomatosis  Exclamation
Got it bad too, dont like to leave them out for the foxes when they are full of mxy.

Dan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

weldingscotty803

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of years ago i shot on a small small holding. could only shoot on the horse field , aroun 1/3 of an acre. went after work one night and got 17 with the s410 .177 in around 15 minutes. . 1 black rabbit all the rest were in good health. did this for a number of weeks until we had all them floods the other year. that wiped them out. never been right ever since. because they stopped in the warrens for a while the myxy spread like wild fire. they didnt drown as it was high rocky ground, well a few might have had a little swim
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shoot the breeze every now and then  Confused
weldingscotty803

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

breeze?
eyeballpaul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE A SOFTOP VITARA USED IT FROM DAY ONE, FOR SHOOTING AND LAMPING GOT A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE
roberts.christeen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its not boring for me its a adventure for me. I really love it and i always want to go for it.
roberts.christeen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex1990 wrote:
Just got my hands on a Dragunov snipers rifle. tried it out to 500 yards the other day

Can you post some pics of it? I am really interested in that.
Raym

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also do a bit of shooting with 12g shottys and a .22 Rimmfire and 17 HMR
bonobomonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 21:50    Post subject: i also shoot Reply with quote

happy days i love 4x4's and shooting and ive found both on one site!  i just picked up a 1999 suzuki vitara swb 1.6  i joined this site to help me find ideas and bits to kit it out as my lamping gun ship!  my 3.0v6 challenger cost me £20 a night to run around the farm and my daihatsu sportrak died a death.
my guns, 10 shot benelli super nova pump,  3 shot beretta urika2, aya old side by side, mossberg 500a hushpower 12g, marlin 17hmr, walther G22 22lr,
Dangermouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to shoot .303 service rifle when I was living in Bristol and  I joined a club out here when I emigrated. I now have a 1916 .303 SMLE No1 Mk3 make in Birmingham, the woodwork has been replaced but it shoots reasonably straight over 100m. Any more than that you would be better off throwing the rifle at the target.

I've also got a .22lr Browning Buckmark and a .357 S&W 686 which can only be used for club activities.

Getting permission to shoot on land is not easy here - again you get the few idiots who take the proverbial and ruin it for everyone. It doesn't help that Mrs Dangermouse thinks that fwuffy bwunnies and foxes shouldn't be shot.
Daarke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing since April on this thread!

Well , I am a member of a local Gun club , around 16 members , we shoot clays mostly. Meet every sunday morning , and a trip to Scotland in January every year for geese and a bit of rough shooting. Don't think that will happen this year because of the weather.

I am a bit of a tradionalist , got a Bacul s/s twin trigger thats older than me (and I'm old!) and a BSA Airsporter .22 air rifle for the vermin.

I also use a brass insert on the 12 Guage to use 410 cartridges for rabbits, less mess and easier on the teeth when eating Wink
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 14:08    Post subject: try this Reply with quote

Have you ever eaten squirrel its best bbq'd tastes a lot better than most of the quarry I have killed. I started shooting with 12 bore ss and ou and a 410  and rim fire 22 and centre fire....343's didnt leave much of a rabbit ok for deer though. Given up the big guns.... now I have an airarms s400 pneumatic and can get up to 60 bunnies on a 4 hour lamping session with the roof removed and two shooters stood in the back excellent fun. The farm i shoot on is overrun with rabbits even mixy keeps its head low here. Keep on shooting.
Daarke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

not tried squirrel I must admit.  We call 'em tree rats  Wink
popuptoaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be in pest control with a big company, had been on the waiting list to move over to shooting, i had passed the marksmanship exam despite only ever having done one stint of clay shooting and playing with an air rifle as a nipper, my back gave out and i had to stop work three months before going on the course to move departments though, annoying as its much lighter work for an old invalid and i was kinda looking forwards to camping out in urban streets with a sniper rifle. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 20:15    Post subject: love it!! Reply with quote

im a game keeper and have been sice i could walk!

shooting is my life and i wouldnt do anything if i was payed to! except take my vitara of road which i love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: