2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Photography?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albertross74

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 18:27    Post subject: Photography? Reply with quote

just wondered if anybody else like playing with cameras?

check out some of my stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertross74/

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 18:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking pics mate! Cool

I like to play with cameras but I haven't managed to learn much yet, got myself a digital SLR almost exactly a year ago and have taken loads of "ordinary" pics (families, holidays etc), some of which have turned out really nice, but I haven't found the time to get properly "arty" yet Crying or Very sad  Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot man!

yeah, I've been doing it as an A-Level at school and then I've just carried it on from there. There are a lot of good tutorials on the internet which have really helped me to progress.
RickyD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been enjoying photography for years. Ive just moved from 35mm file to a nikon digital SLR and joined a local camera club to learn more, but its all fake now. You can do so much with your picture on computer. Its not true photoography anymore, but im still never without my camera
roberts.christeen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love photography and its a weakness of mine. Its a  talent and u have to learn it.
RickyD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

but its not a talent to cheat
albertross74

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyD wrote:
Ive been enjoying photography for years. Ive just moved from 35mm file to a nikon digital SLR and joined a local camera club to learn more, but its all fake now. You can do so much with your picture on computer. Its not true photoography anymore, but im still never without my camera

that's a bit of a blinkered attitude to have there man.

I can see why you're saying it though, I've done a lot of 35mm photography myself (processing the films by hand and then printing the negs in the darkroom with the enlargers and all the chemicals). It's a lot of work to get good images.

However, you've just gotta move on with the times, yes anybody can now grab a camera and get almost as good images as what professionals used to obtain back in the day, but now with all of this new technology a lot more is possible, and I feel that modern photographers are producing some really amazing pictures! Digital photography has opened so many new doors, making it a lot more accessible to people. A lot more is possible with cameras, I spend a lot of time taking my photos, especially as I've just got into using multiple flashes, I spend ages dodging and burning areas of my images on Photoshop as well as many other minor tweaks to try and get the best images that I can.

Seriously, don't come on here not posting any of your stuff and then just saying how digital photography is fake. Broaden your horizons.
golgarth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

albertross74 wrote:
RickyD wrote:

that's a bit of a blinkered attitude to have there man.

I can see why you're saying it though, I've done a lot of 35mm photography myself (processing the films by hand and then printing the negs in the darkroom with the enlargers and all the chemicals). It's a lot of work to get good images.

However, you've just gotta move on with the times, yes anybody can now grab a camera and get almost as good images as what professionals used to obtain back in the day, but now with all of this new technology a lot more is possible, and I feel that modern photographers are producing some really amazing pictures! Digital photography has opened so many new doors, making it a lot more accessible to people. A lot more is possible with cameras, I spend a lot of time taking my photos, especially as I've just got into using multiple flashes, I spend ages dodging and burning areas of my images on Photoshop as well as many other minor tweaks to try and get the best images that I can.

Seriously, don't come on here not posting any of your stuff and then just saying how digital photography is fake. Broaden your horizons.

well said, art is art, and photography is art.

I do see lads point though, I have seen so many shots that are just totally fake in every way! Ther was one the other day I viewed where the sky was from one shot, the landscape another, the foreground another again, etc etc, and it was sooooo much better than ANYTHING I could take in real life. Maybe they shoudl be labelled as such, REAL and CHOPS?

I'm just starting out, here are some of mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/golgarth/
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Photography, but its a new venture for me...bought myself a finepix S1000 digital camera last year, just to have a decent camera to take some pics of my new grand-daughter (instead of using my mobile phone or the kodak easyshare I had). I must admit though I havn't even read the manual or played with the settings at all, to get some 'better' shots than what I've gotten so far, just point and shoot pics of family and holiday etc .....and pics of my vit of course Very Happy lol

Have been thinking for some time about joining a night class to learn some techniques etc to take some nice pics, a friend of mine is a photographer and he has taken some awesome pics!!

golgarth and albertross...... those pics of yours are great, really enjoyed looking at them, thanks for posting Very Happy

marky0283

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get into photography at the moment. I have always enjoyed taking photographs and looking at them...... but never really been any good at it  Sad Anyway a digital SLR was out of my budget so I opted for a bridge camera. Not as good I know but thought it would be alright for starting out with. I wouldn't know how to use an SLR to it's full potential anyway. Maybe one day I will upgrade.
golgarth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with a Fuji S7000 bridge, taught me how to use manual aperature and speed settings well. They are good cameras, kinda wish I had bought a better bridge, as SLR land is EXPENSIVE!
twofloats

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30    Post subject: just say Reply with quote

hi loved the pics just to add a comment about touching up and adding if the pics are not good and sharp and well composed in the first place the end result will show and you obverslsy do think about the end result before you push the button
Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Mik went to Brands Hatch at the weekend, and she took some pics of her car etc while she was there (it was promotional stuff for our LeJog trip in April - they closed the track for 30 mins so we could get on alone Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy) - one pic in particular she took turned out amazing, even though the camera isn't a top-end SLR etc. She crouched on the start line, pointing the camera slightly up from the rear quarter of the car, and shes captured the whole car, and the brands hatch grandstand.. looks sweet - will try and upload it and show Smile
bonobomonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 16:24    Post subject: worth a look Reply with quote

hi i was looking through members drives and found these photos thought they was worth a mention!

http://www.suzuki4x4club.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8524
bonobomonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i was talking about (albertross74) photos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: