4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

horrible rattle when in 4wd and de-celarating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owen5011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 15:29    Post subject: horrible rattle when in 4wd and de-celarating Reply with quote

hi , i have a prob with my sj410 ,  i have a horrible rattle (really loud and nasty)when i take my foot of the throttle which sounds to be coming from the front end of the jeep , this is only when it is in 4wd , i have changed out the uj joints on the front prop and also on the shaft which connects gearbox to transfer box , the noise is also there when i remove the front propshaft and drive it but is only there when 4wd is selected and starts rattling when foot is let off throttle from about 30mph upwards. my 4wd works ok and seems to be no other problem with it . if any one has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated , i am kinda thinking maybe a problem with the clutch ( rattling springs ) but why do they not rattle in 2wd .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 15:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

owen5011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 17:22    Post subject: major vibration in transfer gear stick Reply with quote

hi all just took my sj out and noticed that with or without the front hubs locked or unlocked whilst in 4wdH there is large amounts of vibration through the transfer box gearstick , its visable andalso when i put my hand on it i can feel it also , i changed out the uj's on the shaft that goes from the gearbox to transfer box a few months ago and remember one of the caps was a real pig to get on and got a friend to finish it off for me(recons was a self taught mechanic years ago) and i have spoken to him and he said he had to give the cap a real hard whack to get it in place so im kinda thinking that a roller bearing was outta place and has now caused this problem.Would this cause this type of vibration in 4wd only and not in 2wd .please help?????????????
zocko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its only in 4wd it suggest front axle or prop shaft only.

try the front prop shaft for loose uj's and then go from there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: