All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SJ410 SJ413 Samurai What is the difference?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 21:33    Post subject: SJ410 SJ413 Samurai What is the difference? Reply with quote

I am shopping for used parts and have a question
  I have a SJ413 was imported in to Canada I 85 It differs somewhat from A Samurai the wheel track is 3" narrower than a Samurai, It is the first year a 5 speed was avalible came with a 1.3 and has a lower gear transfer case. Sooo, my question is, What we call a Samurai you call a SJ413? For me to find the narrow axels should I be looking for SJ410 axels? Hopefully I have explained this right and someone can shed some light on this subject. Thanks in advance Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

deathbus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

we call them samurais too, or sammys  Laughing
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sj413 has a narrower track because is has narrower wheels.

if it has narrower axels then its been fitted with 410 axels.
Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbus wrote:
we call them samurais too, or sammys  Laughing

Ok you also call a Vitara a Vitara which here was call a GM Tracker, Asuna Sunrunner or a Suzuki Sidekick, all the same machine 89 to 05 I think. The Vitara and Grand Vitara did'nt show up untill  about 2000, I think this is where I'm confused Rolling Eyes
Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

zocko wrote:
the sj413 has a narrower track because is has narrower wheels.

if it has narrower axels then its been fitted with 410 axels.

Nope bone stock, the only 2 SJ's in Canada 410, 413, where avabile 82 to 85 and where narrow track, Samurai showed up in 86 and is what I belive that is what you call a SJ413, I am sooo confused..... Shocked
So I am looking for narrow axels I should be looking for SJ410 parts?
deathbus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the sj's we have in the uk were made in spain or japan. more prodominantly spanish (which sucks as i have a jap 413).

SJ410 - 1 litre (970cc engine) Jap vehicles had 4 speed gearbox, spanish had 5 speed, few other differences like make of brakes and interior features. They all have a Transmission handbrake. oh and chrome wing mirrors and twin reverse lights on the jap cars.

SJ413 - same width axles as the SJ 410 but heavier diffs and internals, higher ratio diffs and transfercase, different engine (1324 or 1298cc) the lower capacity having slightly more power, and different gearbox, still had a transmission handbrake.
Fitted with a Front Anti-Roll bar.

Samurai - is a different beast to the SJ's - still using the same engine and gearbox but was fitted with Wider axles, higher ratio diffs and the handbrake was in the rear axle brake drums.
The chassis has outriggers that move the springs outboard of the chassis to accomodate the wider axles, they were brought into the UK upto 1995 where the last "N Reg" ones were fitted with a Cat convertor and fuel injection.

theres a lot more differences obviously, but i hope this helps  Wink
Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbus wrote:
SJ413 - same width axles as the SJ 410 but heavier diffs and internals, higher ratio diffs and transfercase, different engine (1324 or 1298cc) the lower capacity having slightly more power, and different gearbox, still had a transmission handbrake. Fitted with a Front Anti-Roll bar.   Wink

Yes this is making sense Laughing I have 3:73 gears but lower gear transfer was a 1324cc (now a 1.6) parking brake on transmission, You had me with the "front anti roll bar" Wink (here roll bars are external for when you really screw up) anti sway bars are mounted above front axel had one of them, so I will call it a SJ413
 thanks for your help Steve
deathbus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

sway bar eh?

i live and learn  Laughing
Cdnzuki

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:45    Post subject: Sorry if off topic. 1982 Suzuki sj410 Reply with quote

Stumbled on this .  Not navigating forum easily to find what I am looking for.

I bought a 1982 Suzuki sj410 and am not able to find parts .  I called lordco and other auto parts stores
And they can't get anything.  Right now I'm just looking for for brake parts and wheel cylinders.
I'm in Canada

Thanks for any help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: