4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1991 8v vitara engine compression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferret375

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 20:12    Post subject: 1991 8v vitara engine compression Reply with quote

Hi
Just tested my engine compression but not sure about the result  Confused my compression tester is in psi and bar, however when I look at the manual it says compression ratio 8.9:1/11.7 bars  Rolling Eyes
my results are no 1 = 173 psi, no 2 = 170 psi, no 3 = 175psi and no 4 = 175 psi
is this ok or is the old girl past its day Question checking cause i have just replaced head gasket.

Cheers Dan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 20:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

11.7 bar is only 169 psi so it looks like you have pretty good compression based on your figures.

any reason why youre worried or is it just panicking after the h/g change?
ferret375

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes as you said the bar ranges from 11.5 in one and other 3 are about 12 bar, prob just worried cause never done anything like head gasket before and cause i did not have the head skimmed.  So when i looked up what the compression should be and noticed it was not in psi or bar in the book I had no idea if what i had was ok. After all its either done 137000 or 237000 miles.

But it seems to run fine, other than the revs pick up if i put lights, fan or rear heated window on  Question

Dan
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rev pickup under load is normal, its designed to stop the engine from stalling when the load is put onto the alternator.
ferret375

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
Yea some have said thats normal but it never did it before, goes from 1000rpm to 2000rpm when a load is put on.

Dan
Dav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is rather a lot  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: