4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Vitara Rust Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 15:48    Post subject: Vitara Rust Issues Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

My Vitara has only done 20,000 miles, but I've been told it's got a bit of rust underneath, which I'm waiting to get done when our summer does arrive.

Are there any areas that need particular attention or any common problems with rust to the underbody? If so are they easy to fix or what is going to cause me problems.

I would appreciate you help.

Take Care

Jules
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 15:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Retro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boot floor, front of the front wings especially with arch extensions fitted, anywhere behind the rear bumper, I note yours has chrome covers on the lower doors these can hide rust as moisture gets trapped behind them, under the bonnet only really the battery tray.

In fact its a Suzuki so it will rust everywhere, Shocked  give it a good pressure wash underneath, then get under there and give a good poke around get anything that needs welding done then if you really want to go to town a hot air gun and a scrapper and wire brush to clean it all up,  then give it a coat or two of rust protection paint  and something like hammerite to finish off with then a coat of waxoyl. Not a pleasant job but it will make it last, normal bituminous type under seal's has habit of trapping moisture behind it making matters worse.
Hope its not too bad under there. Wink
Jules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

I've arranged to have it cleaned up and waxoyled, but just need a couple of fine and dry days to get it done.

I've sorted the battery holder and have got hold of a replacement spare wheel bracket, so lets hope that helps.

Fingers crossed!

Once again thank you.

Jules
Retro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then I get mine up on a pair of ramps and blast it off with a pressure washer and slap a bit of hamerite on any areas that look a bit suspect seems to be keeping the dreaded tin worm at bay mind you I could do with a couple of front wings  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: