All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

help needed with sj axle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmandave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 19:15    Post subject: help needed with sj axle Reply with quote

can anyone please give advise. i took my 410 off roading but did'nt last very long as my near side rear wheel/hub & shaft came apart from my axle Mad  i had to lift the pasenger side up to push back in with a twist does anybody no whats gone wrong ?????????? please help as i have another play day very soon cheers dave   Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 19:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds a bit dodgy Dave. Did the brake drum come away from the backplate / shoes? Did the bearing come out with the shaft? If not the collar that holds the bearing on is knackered or missing..... If so the 4 bolts that hold the whole lot onto the end of the axle tube are knackered or missing..... Wink I suppose it's also possible that you've broken the flange off the axle tube. Shocked  

Thake the drum off and have a look near the hub, there should be 4 bolts through the backplate and through the flange on the end of the axle tube, that's a good place to start, take your camera with you and show us some pics of the problem Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi me again the flange is all ok with all nuts in place but it was only the drum and wheel came out with the shaft.sorry for confusion Embarassed . but now it feels tight again and will not be pulled out by hand. Confused
do you think i might of broke something in the diff ??????
DaiRees

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon the bearing and locking collar managed to slide up the shaft, that is to say the shaft slipped through the bearing and collar (maybe whoever changed the bearings last didn't fit the collar properly Embarassed ). The bearing can go back into position on it's own but the collar won't. You need to get it sorted fella or it could happen again. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: