4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lifting a Samurai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
judderman3000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 15:05    Post subject: Lifting a Samurai Reply with quote

Hi guys, iv recently bought into the samurai lifestyle and understand my jeep already has around a 3" lift on it compared to stock, shackle lifted i think, i was wondering what the best/cheapest/easiest way is to get it up id say another 3-4 inches and possibly have it to run 33"s id post some pics but i seem to have no idea how to do this, cheers Judd x
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 15:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the shackes off and throw them at next door's dog (I hate extended shackes, they're carp and dangerous, they'll ruin your springs, dig in off road and make the truck handle like a boat). Then I'd either think about going spring over axle or get some nice +3" springs and do a body lift to get the extra clearance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

i quite like next doors dog though, the other side has a cat can i try to hit that instead? iv been thinking about the SPOA cos it seems less work than a body lift and the suspension but im not 100% on it to be honest, propshafts, brake lines do they all need extending? what size tyres it'll be able to run after and how good the articulation is?
DaiRees

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Judd, the cat can have the shackes, but you'll need to be a much sharper with your aim, they're quick little buggers Laughing .

Why do you want to run 33s? The gearing will be shyte unless you change the transfer box too. What size tyres do you have on it at the moment? There's loads of modding options on zooks depending on budget and ability. I'm rasomably able but tight as a gnatt's chuff Laughing , so mine's fairly standard. I've got 2" body lift, 29" M/Ts and no front anti-roll bar (I don't like next door's dog Twisted Evil ) and it's more than capable enough for what I do (green laning). Some of my mates have used rascal springs and others have used add-a-leafs, but they all seem to loose articulation compared to mine (One got it back by using d-flex shackes with his rascals). Think long and hard, but my advice would be to stopp worrying about messing about with it and get out there and have some fun, that's what it's for Very Happy  Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the body lift was a lot easyer than just reading the SPOA. I did the body lift in a week along with lots of repairs and my normal 10 hour working days.
The SPOA I deiced a year ago I will do it so slowly been buying the parts. but there are so many different ways, Iv been reading up on them, and been getting confused on which and what to do. So not got that done. Thats y I'm here, I'm wanting help and addvice from thoses that has done the SPOA. Jamie
Jamie Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOA is a lot harder than a body lift, I been thinking and looking 4 parts for SPOA, for a year. The body lift, I read up on it, ythen did it few weeks later, it took a week after my day job. Few ours on a nite. SPOA, will take me a few months I think, as all brakes and axels and stuff need modifiying and welding, but body lift was simple even compaired to reading the different ways of a SPOA. I am going to do that, and get new leafs an shocks, so I aint rushing in2 it. As just cant afford it, with running my other car as well, speical when both cars MOT Insurance and Tax r all due in october. Will be a bad month. Any1 out there got piks of a SPOA they done.
Dav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob round and see me one eve
I'm on Rothbury St
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: