2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

waterproof 413

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
downhillgreg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 16:26    Post subject: waterproof 413 Reply with quote

how easy is it to waterproof my new 413 i dont really want to sink it but also dont want it cutting out if i do decide to play in the wet stuff i want it all done before it goes on the road as when its running wont wanna work on it just drive it most importantly i want to build or aquire a roll cage as she is tall and dont wanna roll it and squash the roof in i have been in rolled cars before and it aint nice and as she is completely tinworm free and original i dont wanna weld and chop her about to make her straight again Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dav

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good idea I've seen is a rubber glove on your dizzy cap  Idea
A finger for each plug lead and the coil H/T in the thumb
Sounds odd but it works  Smile
DaiRees

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the snorkel.... Very Happy

I think I've seen waterproofing kits on ebay. I've done nothing to my car (not even a snorkel Embarassed ) and it's been up to the headlights standing depth and over the bonnet with a bow wave a few times with no problems, they're amazing little trucks!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt i will put a snorkel on it as the interior is carpeted and has a suede dash and stereo and speakers and sparco buckest that i dont want gettin wet as will have to drive it daily but just want to make it waterproof enough so that if i do get a bit of a wave in it i wont be left stranded it is fairly high anyway (i didnt carpet the sj or decide to put suede on the dash but as it has it i gonna leave it looking nice) how do i post pictures on here? and has anyone else had problems with the engines selfdestructing when you stand them on their tailgates?
DaiRees

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mess about with waterproofing then mate, it'll be filling up and ruining your carpets long before the engine sucks up any water or the electrics get wet.. (have you seen where the dizzy and coil are?).

There's a flap thingy on the air intake that can be adjusted for ambient temperature, if you're going wading make sure it's set to the one that takes cold air from around the battery box (+15C I think it is), that intake is alot higher than the one that takes warm air from around the exhaust manifold....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Smile will have a look when i get down the yard tomorow and see what else i need to do i know it needs a balljoint on the z drag link arm but some dunce welded it on for some reason where can i get these ball joints are they fairly universal or do i need to order one from suzuki? how can i get pics of it up here?
DaiRees

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics - use www.Photobucket.com or something similar

Ball joint, any good motorfactors I'd imagine, although you may need to get the old one off and take it with you for them to match. If theres one thing about Suzukis it's that they made their cars with whatever bits were left in the bin Rolling Eyes . I've just bought a load of service items for mine and even telling them the model, year and where it was built they still had listed 3 distributor caps, 3 rotor arms, 2 air filters etc... nuts! Rolling Eyes

Mind you I did manage to get the brake cylinders pretty cheap online without problems (although the site had exact dimensions and pics of the parts so that helped Laughing  Laughing ).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

well got some new lights had to re wire from front the fogs and reverse lights the brake calipers are a bit seized so gonna strip them down and see what i can do with them might have to take the pistons and spin them up on a lathe and love them a bit i have also found out that i have a real water problem the bloody sunroof leaks anywhere i can get proper rubbers from as most dont work when you replace them at the worst it will be siliconed in and become a sun viewing port also found that the electric fan wiring leaves a lot to be desired and doesnt run on an auto switch which might have to sort as i am forgetful at the best of times also panel beat the crumpled wing straight ish and gonna slap some filler on it which is a shame as a none elsewhere on it that i can find and gonna cover it in shiltz as have had it on the wheeless ramp (just before my step bro broke it) and there is not one bit of the dreaded tinoworm or rot and not a snotted on tin patch in sight i amazed how clean it is i think it has lived in a barn for most of its life and only been used in the summer. also found a mate with a 416 who cut the roof off and uses it for shooting on the farm so have a free donor vehicle will be robbing an indicator off it, he said what ever i break or bend just swap it with his as he dont care bout it. thats it for now roll on next thursday another 16 hrs down the yard Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: