All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ticking noise from my engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanh

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 20:42    Post subject: ticking noise from my engine Reply with quote

can anybody help me, i recently bought a grand vitara 2.5 v6 and i am very pleased with it, but i occasionally keep getting a ticking noise from the engine bay, is this normal?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 20:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you locate he source of the noise, might be the air conditioning compressor or something? Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaiRees wrote:
Can you locate he source of the noise, might be the air conditioning compressor or something? Confused

thanks for your reply dai,  the ticking noise is coming from under the cover marked 24valve which is under the anti roll bar, as i said before it comes and goes, sometimes if you turn off the ignition and restart it goes, it is baffling do you have any more thoughts.

thanks alan
DaiRees

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah sorry mate, never even seen one of those engines.... Can you get the cover off for a closer look / listen?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be way offbase with this but it was such an uncommon situation that i'll mention it just in case. My truck that had the same problem was an old dodge ram, turns out it had a rebuilt motor and the wrong sized dip stick, so even though I checked the oil and had the right amount in there(according to the dip stick) it took about 5 mechanics to finally figure out that the dip stick was not the correct one and was about 2 inches to long so the truck was almost always very low on oil!

EDIT: meant 2 inches to long!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: