All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

I'M FITTING 16" SERIES LANDY WHEELS ON MY SAMURAI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharpy1980

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:54    Post subject: I'M FITTING 16" SERIES LANDY WHEELS ON MY SAMURAI Reply with quote

I've set about cutting the centres out of my 15 inch 8 spoke Sammi rims Twisted Evil. After some research I've found that the centres have the same outer diameter as the centres on a 16" wheel from a series 3 88".

The plan is to basically remove the centres from the series wheel and then weld the sammi centres in with a deeper offset so I'll save on wheel spacers and still get about 3" extra track, rhino ray offers this service to make your original rims deeper but I like to be different.

The reason I decided to undertake this is to get the extra axle width and rim diameter without tigoing for the oh so common grand vitara rims which now fetch a premium on ebay and alike.

I got 9 series rims for gratis (these only fetch around £10 a set on ebay anyway) and I have 6 sammi 8 spokes to mess up.

One thing to note with the series rims is some have welded centres and some are steel riveted (I have a mixture of both), I reckon the riveted one will be easier to dismantle but they'll have to run tubes incase the rivet holes don't plug airtight.

I will post some pics as it gets under way.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DiscoBull

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones with rivits are EX MoD rims if i rember right  Wink  I have aset of them @ my mum and dads on SATs tyres

Whot i cant work out is you say the centers on your 15" suzuki rims are the same Dia as the 16" on a Landrover rim ? Confused  Confused  

I will look tomorrow as my Disco has 16" weller 8 spokes wheels on it and my Sankey triler (Ex MoD) has aset of 15" wellers 8 spokes i also have 5 standard LWB rims so will have a messure up just to see my self  Laughing

Unless your talking just the very centers IE where the wheel centers set against the Hub also nuts sit up against to bolt the wheels on Idea  Confused  Shocked
Sharpy1980

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite surprised too but they are the same (full centres) I actually cut one out of the SJ rim and sat it in to be sure, I havent done much to em this month as been a bit busy with carbs and its to cold. Twisted Evil

Ex mod that'd explain why I've got a mixture then Confused
DiscoBull

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot all about this post lol

why not weld your suzuki centers in the landrover weller rim as there a extra 2"+ wider aset then a standard swb landrover wheel that will puch your wheels out alot more lol  Laughing
Sharpy1980

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiscoBull wrote:

why not weld your suzuki centers in the landrover weller rim as there a extra 2"+ wider aset then a standard swb landrover wheel that will puch your wheels out alot more lol  Laughing

I chose the landy rims as I had a set knocking about and the centres of the rims were the right size. I have shelved this one for now tho as the tyres I planned on using on the rims have been used for something else, I did get one done tho so it'd work.
DiscoBull

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpy1980 wrote:
DiscoBull wrote:

I chose the landy rims as I had a set knocking about and the centres of the rims were the right size. I have shelved this one for now tho as the tyres I planned on using on the rims have been used for something else, I did get one done tho so it'd work.

Cool lets see a pic of the "Trail" wheel  Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: