All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Carb problem Is there anybody out there HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 21:51    Post subject: Carb problem Is there anybody out there HELP Reply with quote

If you let the throttle go the engine stops .We think it is the idle jet . If you turn up the tickover it runs badly .(Hunting perhaps )? The engine is a 1300cc and runs great generally .Do not want to take the carb apart,(looks a nightmare)Would try if I was convinced it would work IE which hole is the idle jet!! If it is the jet ? Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 21:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Selway

Welcome to the wonderful world of the over complicated Suzuki Carb  Rolling Eyes This manual is the best reference I have found http://www.4x4.in.th/manual_sj413/ . Mine was doing the exact same thing at weekend, right pain in the ar** when decending slopes off road  Confused  I have adjusted the actuator (page 4-20 in above manual Fig.4-1-392 screw 4) about 1 - 1 1/2 turns clockwise and its spot on again.

HTH

Richie
Selway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 22:18    Post subject: Carb probsHeythis on line help forum works Reply with quote

Richie in Poole I was down your way for a week thought it was a great place.The natives seemed freindly and it turns out their stars Thanks rich did wonders for my self esteem Very Happy
Richie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Poole is a nice place to live except there are no green lanes that local to us  Rolling Eyes Glad you liked it, you were lucky to find friendy natives most I meet are right miseries  Laughing

Quote:
it turns out their stars Thanks rich did wonders for my self esteem

Question  Does that mean it helped  Question

Richie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: