4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

410 to 413 interchangable parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coops

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40    Post subject: 410 to 413 interchangable parts Reply with quote

Hi all
Looking for some info regarding a possible project.
I've got a bedford Rasal that runs the Suzuki 970cc 410 engine but it's cantered to the side.
I would like to fit the 413 engine for a little more power & better cruising speed.

Does the 410 sump & intake manifold fit the 413 engine & are the engine mounting the same?
Does the gearbox bell housing mount the same? Is the gearbox in the 410 the same as the 413? (I'm intending on using the standard rascal box)
Does the carb on the 410 mount the same as the 413? From what I can remember the 413's carb has an auto choke

Anything else that may need to be considered that I haven't mentioned & that needs to be address, all comments welcome

Many thanks
Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Coops

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok lets try sum different questions  Smile

Anybody put a 413 into a 410 Question
Are the engine mounts the same Question
Does the 13 fit straight onto 10 gearbox Question

Any answers greatfully welcome  Smile

(Years ago I had a A reg 410 & my mate had a D reg 413.  We took his engine out & overhauled it.  I know it was quite easy to get in & out but it was that long ago I can't remember if anything was the same)
Richie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Coops

I am sure that the 410/413 engines are different blocks so you wouldnt be able to swap the sump, inlet manifold ect. I know for a fact that the engine mounts are different.  The carbs are completley different aswell (1000cc/Rascal vertical mounting, 1300 horizontal) Crying or Very sad

I also belive that the gearbox will not interchange between the two, meaning if you did get the 1300 in you would have to get an adaptor plate as the Rascal gearbox is cable operated which you would need to retain.

One thing I will say is that personally I prefer the 410 engine to the 1300/Sammy engine. The 1000cc is smoother and much more economical and the power difference is hardly noticeable, the 1300 carbs are a nightmare and normally get changed for a SU or webber. Also I am not sure if there are any internal differences on the Rascal engine and 410 such as oil pick up ect due to it being inclined.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but cant see it working out. We have a few vehicles running a selection of the 1000 / 1300 engines (including our 4wd Rascal Pickup, which runs the original engine and gearbox because of the above reasons) and I have worked on many more I would stick with what you have (just my opinoin) :wink

Any more info you need give me a shout

Rich
Coops

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich

Cheers for the info  thumbright

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: