4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Reverse lights on my vitara dont work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueBlueAngel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14    Post subject: Reverse lights on my vitara dont work. Reply with quote

Hi, I have had my Suzuki Vitara for about 6 weeks and found that the reverse lights dont work on and off.  Have checked the bulbs and fuses - all ok. Any ideas? Hubby thinks its the switch or/and the two wires going into the switch.

Hubby has been told to lift up the bonnet and from the passengers side look for a nut on top on the gear box (just behind the bell housing), it will have two black wires entering it.  BUT daft question, but how on earth do you get to it?! It's cant be seen with the bonnet up. Can feel it from under the car but cant actually get to it. Forgot to say this is an automatic Vit. Does that make any difference?

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

heli-john

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in this one because when I move the selector through R or when I go to R the fuse blows and I am left with no indicators.  I suspect the switch but could there be anything else to look out for?
zocko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your problem heli john is a worn wire from the switch to the lights.

check the harness where it passes through the metalwork ie into the body from the gearbox and through the body near the reverse light and youll prob find a chaffed wire somewhere.

alternatively you can just disconnect the reverse light as you dont actually need it for the MOT Very Happy
heli-john

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
I think I found the problem soon after I posted my question.  I think the terminals on the reverse switch got flattened and one was shorting to earth or was shorting in the wet.  I used pliers on  them so as to stand them out and haven't had any trouble except to say the car has been laid up and I never really got to test out my work.
If I do have a problem I'll certainly consider disconnecting at the switch and look for any chafing.  Lord knows when I will ever put it on the road.  It was bought as a fixer-upper and I fixed it up last year.
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont put it on the road...

.... put it in the mud  Wink
heli-john

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too good for the mud. Laughing  dontknow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: